Strange Village

You and Nook rush to his car, carrying Timmy in your arms. Nook steps on the gas furiously. You hold on to the car handle as he drives past the speed limit. "Woah, Mr. Nook slow down!" you tug his arm. Nook doesn't seem to listen as he drives faster. "Nook!" you yell. He comes to a halt causing you all to fall forward. "My! I am so sorry! I didn't hear you-" he holds his face. 

"Mr. Nook, calm yourself, we might crash!" you exclaim. "Dear me- I didn't realize-... It's just, Tommy- He worries me! What could that fox ever want with him!" Nook shakes you. 

"I don't know, it terrifies me just to think about it! But we have to calm down, it's dangerous to drive like this. Let's just not think about it for now." you hold his arm. 

He rests his head on the wheel, taking short breaths. "Tommy..." Nook whimpers. You sigh and feel yourself worrying more. Timmy cries in the back seat, looking outside the window. 

"Mr. Nook, how about I drive? You can't steer in these conditions." you pat him, he nods and switches seats with you. 

With Nook giving you directions, you stop in a small white house next to the road. Holding Timmy by the hand and Nook walking behind, you knock on the door. As someone answers, you realize it seems to be Lyle, wearing a yellow robe?  "Huh? Oh, Mr. Nook- Ms. Y/n-... Listen, Lyle owes you two an apology for last night. I really did not mean for this to happen, I truly did not." he nods. 

"No need to worry about that now Mr. Lyle. It's about Tommy! He has been kidnapped!" Nook exclaims. Lyle jolts back in shock, "K-Kidnapped-!?" 

"Yes, it's a tragedy! I knew you would be at home since it was a rough night. I don't know what to do or who to call! Where are Lottie and Digby?" Nook gestures frantically. "Lottie called me saying Pierce came by the shop earlier and fired them. They are in the office packing up their stuff." Lyle explains. 

"What!?" you cover your mouth in shock. "Could you please call them over? I truly need your help!" Nook begs. "Of course! Come in, come in." Lyle opens the door for you. 

Stumbling over dirty laundry on the floor after walking inside, you scratch your head. Lyle chuckles, "Oh, don't mind the mess!" 

In the meantime, Lottie and Digby are in Nook's homes packing up their stuff. 

"Wow, I can't believe we are getting fired from this old place..." Digby sighs and places a raincoat inside a cardboard box. "I knew this would happen...At least we still have the Happy Home Designer building." Lottie shrugs. 

Her phone starts to ring from her skirt's pocket. She picks up "Good morning Uncle Lyl-" 

"One of the Nooklings has been kidnapped, my place, QUICK!" Lyle shouts from her phone as  Digby leans to listen in. Lyle hangs up and leaves them both in shock. "We have to go now!" Digby drops his box. "What do you think happened!?" Lottie slaps both paws on her face. "I'm not sure but this sounds urgent, lets go!" Digby and Lottie rushed toward the train station but the train wasn't there yet. 

"When is the next train!?" Digby shakes Porter. 

"EEK! N-Not in about- an hour!" Porter trembles. Digby lets go of him, "My apologies!" he bows and scurries over to Lottie. "What do we do now?" she paces back and forth. "Isn't Mr. Lyle's house close by? I think we can make it there by foot." Digby insinuates."Are you suggesting we walk?" Lottie stops. "We run." Digby takes Lottie by the arm and sprints across the station. Lottie jogged close behind. 

A few minutes passed but the house wasn't anywhere nearby. "Are you sure this is the right way?" Lottie looks around the empty street. "If I remember correctly, his house must be around here. Unless- we made a wrong turn..." Digby pauses.