Inspector

Isabelle and I walked side by side to Able's sister's shop. "Welcome!" Mable greets us. 

"Hello, Mable!" I say as I walk by. Isabelle starts viewing the fall dresses displayed on the mannequins.

Mable tugs me, "Em-... Ms. Mayor...could I speak with you about something?" Mable insists. 

I always get shivers when someone asks me that. 

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back Isabelle." I advise Isabelle, she nods. Mable pulls me towards Sable and squints at me. 

"Good morning Ms. Y/n." Sable smiles nervously. 

What was happening? 

"Um-... Hello... Is everything ok?" I ask as I look at them. Mable beams brightly but Sable gave me an uneasy look. 

"Oh yes, everything is fine! I'm just wondering when's the wedding!?" Mable grins. Sable facepalms. 

"Huh?" I tilted my head. 

Sable sighs. "As you know, there have been rumors that Mr. Nook has a certain lover; Which is you. It seems that yesterday Mr. Nook sent a letter to you through the post office and well-... Phyllis invaded privacy norms and opened the letter that was directed to you. Phyllis gossiped about the letter to Pelly and a few others. Pelly gossiped about it to Pete and Pete told Mable-... And now we are here..." Sable explains. 

My heart drops. "...A-...A few others?" I stammer. 

"Yes..." Sable worries. 

"Oh yes! Pelly told everyone!!! She told Kicks, Labelle, Harriett, Leif, Blathers, Celeste, and even Brewster!!!" Mable claps her hands. 

"W-WHAT!?" I covered my face in distraught. 

"More people for the wedding I guess." Mable shrugs. 

"NO!!! This is awful! Nobody is supposed to know!" I exclaim. 

"It's alright Ms. Y/n, don't panic. We'll find a way out of this." Sable tries to ease me. 

Isabelle walked over to us with an orange sweater dress in hand. "I'd like to purchase this please." Isabelle grins at Mable. We all look at Isabelle petrified. Isabelle stops. 

"E-er-...Is not the right time?" Isabelle steps away. 

"No not at all, let me get this for you." Mable took Isabelle to the counter where she paid off the dress. Sable turned to me. "Ok, look. We'll try to talk to Phyllis and the others to stop the gossip from spreading, in the meantime try to act normal." she pats me. 

"Ok- ok-... normal-.... Alright..." I pant. Sable gave me a concerned look. 

"Ms. mayor! Let's keep going." Isabelle takes me by the hand. I nodded as we headed to Labelle's shop. 

I noticed Labelle give me a strange look while I pretended to look around. "Look at this Ms. Mayor!" Isabelle models a pink knit hat.

 "Oh, it's wonderful!" I clap my hands. Labelle crosses her arms. "It does look good on you, Isabelle..." Labelle nods. I chuckle nervously.

"I'll take it!" Isabelle claims excitedly. "Aren't you getting anything, Ms. mayor?" she looks at me.

 "Oh no thanks, Isabelle. I don't really have anything to do for Harvest day." I shrug. 

"Really? I'll ask Digby if I can invite you to our Harvest day dinner!" Isabelle grins. "Mr. Nook and the others will be there!" 

Labelle raised an eyebrow at me. "Regarding Mr. Nook..." Labelle taps her foot. I gulp.