Total Makeover

"Uncle Nook!" The nooklings rush up to the bed and hug him. 

"Where were you two boys? You had me worried!" Nook brushes the yellow leaves off Timmy and Tommy's fur. "And why aren't you wearing your aprons?"  

"I found the two of them by the town's tree, they were wearing silly clothes and playing around with this lady right here." Lyle points to Gracie. She frowns at him. "They were not exceptional!" Gracie argues. Nook tilts his head a little. "Gracie? Is that you?" 

Nook stops. Gracie squints. "....Thomas?" 

You pause. "Wait- You two know each other?" 

"Ah yes, yes. We knew each other from far back." Nook explains. 

"Wait just a minute here- Thomas, are those little rascals yours?" Gracie takes a closer look at the Nooklings.  

"Well yes-" 

"Oh my! Are you serious? How far you've come since I last saw you!" Gracie claps her hands together. "Also... what in the world are you and the mayor doing in bed at this time!?" She exclaims. "Yes, and why are the two of you so- flustered?" Lyle raised an eyebrow. 

You both turn over to each other and blush. "We were-... Um...uh..." You struggle to come up with a reason. "W-well the thing is...We-...Er..." Nook splutters as well. Gracie furrows her eyebrows. "Ugh! It doesn't matter! I came here to advise you that your employees, like this one over here, are wearing unfashionable clothing!" Gracie puffs angrily. Nook looks at her, visibly confused. "Whatever do you mean Gracie?" 

"Well just look at him!" She points to Lyle. 

"Oh don't start with this again." You facepalm. 

"I see you know her too." Lyle chuckles.  

"Ah yes, the mayor and I have met before. She has very... Questionable fashion choices..." Gracie answers smugly.

"Q-questionable?" You ask, bewildered by her response. 

"Well, I think she looks quite nice. Dare I say- beautiful..." Nook gazes at you with loving eyes. You smile at him bashfully. Lyle snickers in the back while the Nooklings giggle as well. Gracie rolls her eyes. "That's ridiculous! I'll show you 'beautiful'!" Gracie pulls you by the hand and walks you downstairs. 

"W-what are you doing?" You jerk your arm away. 

"I am going to give you a makeover!" Gracie pronounces as she shoves you into the bathroom. 

"Hold on!" you try to resist. 

Meanwhile, Nook and the others look at each other, completely baffled.

 "What do you think that was about?" Lyle scratches his head.

 "I am not quite sure..." Nook worries.

 "We'll go see!" The nooklings nod and run down to the bathroom as well. They open the bathroom door to find you struggling out of Gracie's arms. 

They stare in shock...

"Gracie! What the heck!" You try to push her away. Gracie holds you down onto a stool. "Sit still! I am going to do your hair so stop squirming!" She declares and yanks a strand of your hair. 

"Ms. Y/n?" Timmy walks in. "Are you okay Ms. Y/n!?" Tommy hugs you. 

"Oh she's fine! Your mayor just loves to make a scene that's all." Gracie scoffs. 

"Maybe if you wouldn't have literally DRAGGED me down here I wouldn't be so mad!" You cross your arms. 

"It was necessary hon, I couldn't bear to see you in those wretched clothes any longer! You need a professional like me to get rid of your atrocious fashion sense." Gracie proclaims.