The Flower

Sighing, you gaze outside your window to see blizzarding snow outside. You couldn't go fishing, collect fruits, or bugs. The snowstorm was too strong...

It was quiet at home. You look around the living room where Nook and the nooklings slept. Their casual clothes were neatly folded on the couch. 

You hadn't noticed how your house looked different...  

There were stools in the bathroom and the kitchen so the nooklings could reach the sinks. The living room table had Nook's paperwork scattered on it. Not to mention the fridge was covered in drawings the nooklings would make you. 

It was almost as if it wasn't only your house anymore... 

There on the kitchen counter was the flower from yesterday. Nook placed it in a flowerpot and promised he would explain what it meant. You still had no idea what that was about...

Shaking off your thoughts you decide to cook something while indoors. You usually don't spend much time inside. T/n hasn't had a blizzard this harsh before... 

"This weather makes me want to eat something warm..." You mumble to yourself. 

You turn on the stove and get cooking. Soon you set four bowls of hot milk rice and powder cinnamon on top. Finally taking a seat, on the table you realize that you are the only one there... 

You facepalm and stand up to put the extra bowls away. 

That's when the door flung open. "MS. Y/N!" Nook bursts through the door. You flinch, almost falling. "WHA- WHAT!?" 

"Are you alright!? My! The storm outside is horrid!!!" Nook exclaims. 

"Yes! I'm ok! Gosh, you scared me!" You say with your hand on your beating chest.

"Oh my, I'm so glad you are alright. I thought I'd check on you." He twiddles his fingers. 

That made you smile. He glances down. "Ms. Y/n that looks delicious! Er- four bowls?" 

You laugh, "Yeah! I'm so used to always serving food for four. I guess I forgot..." 

Nook chuckles. "My, my. I guess me and the nooklings have been staying here for quite a while... I do apologize for any inconveniences."  

"Not at all! I love having my favorite people in my home." You smile. 

Nook blushes. "I do appreciate your kindness Ms. Y/n..." 

Before anything else, Nook's phone rings. "Er- Please do excuse me-..." he grins and picks up the call.  "Yes? Mmhm, yes. I'll be right there..." He hangs up. 

You tilt your head, "who was that?"

Nook sighs, "It was just Lyle calling. I told him I had left some paperwork at home as an excuse to leave work. He is telling me to hurry up."

You furrow your eyebrows, "Oh, do you have to go back?" 

"Well, I should... But not before I have some of your scrumptious dessert." Nook says as he takes off his coat and sits down beside you. You smile at him. 

"Be careful it's hot." You chuckle. 

"Yes, yes. Of course." Nook shakes his head. He quickly takes a bite. His eyes widened as he began to puff steam out of his mouth. You laugh, "What did I tell you!?" 

Nook swallows the hot food and scratches his head sheepishly. 

"You remind me so much of the nooklings..." You giggle and wipe his cheek with a napkin.