Chapter 46

"Dad, I'm home!" I yell once inside our normal, boring mismatched house.

"In the kitchen" I hear from him.

"Come on" I tell Asmund who barely fits through the doorframe. Something we'll have to fix.

"Dad, this is Asmund" I say as we walk into the kitchen. He ignores what I've said and rushes in to hug me. He pulls me in tightly.

"You have no idea how hard it's been to stay here and not help you. You died and came back! I should've been there." He says before kissing my forehead and letting me go. "So this is Asmund, the great protector, Original, and boyfriend, hmm?"

"Yes, can he stay with us?" I ask.

"For now. But I'm sure Asmund would like to have his own place and get a job, right?" My dad stares at Asmund, not caring who or what he is.

"Right. I got a job, tearing down that lab and rebuilding it into a community center." Asmund says firmly.

"Well good. Now Kat you have school tomorrow, so get ready for bed. Asmund, the couch is over there." My dad smirks at me hard.

"Dad."

"School tomorrow, go to bed." He says as he walks toward his room. I smile because this feels right. I kiss Asmund before leaving him on the couch and head to my room. I'll see you in my dreams. I hear him laugh from downstairs.

And it's almost back to living a normal life. Except that I'll see my fellow vampires, a few kaznachey and my dad at school tomorrow, but other than that, totally normal.

The End.