Chapter 5

Sain:

I watched Phoenix in the training room go over and over with move after move. It was intense. She had the grace of a cat and the ferocity of a bear, all tamed within a flexible, sexy body. And she was royalty. I grip the door frame hard enough that the wood creaked. The sound snagged Phoenix's attention and she looked over to me in the doorway. She was coated in a layer of sweat, her eyes bright with adrenaline.

"Sain?" She heaved out, "You're up early."

I held myself still as I watched her approach, smirking. God damn it. I should go back to my room, turn the shower back on, and try to freeze myself to death.

"Sain? You there?" Her hand waved in my face and I realized that I had stared off.

I put on a sly smile, "I'm here, right where I like to be."

She tilted her head a bit, looking up at me and smiling softly. It made her that much more beautiful. Shit, that was it. I grabbed her by the waist and brought her to me. She yipped like a frightened puppy, but looked deep into my eyes. I crashed my lips to hers before she made another sound. Her body froze, then melted into mine. It was bliss. Her hands sprung to my blond hair, and she ran her nimble little fingers through it teasingly. We closed the distance to the wall with two strides. She moaned against my lips, and I did the same against hers. It felt unreal, like a dream. Wait.

In an instant I opened my eyes, Phoenix was gone. Instead, Coin was sitting on top of me, staring at me with glowing gold eyes. When they finally dimmed, I spoke.

"You going to get off me or do I have to throw you off?" I asked.

Coin didn't get off but went completely off topic and assaulted me with one question, "Sain, what were you dreaming about? I could see parts of it like your body pressed to Phoenix's and both your lips-"

I cut him off there with a snarl, "Don't you dare tell anyone." If Core or even Aku found out, they would kill me. Both the brothers had eyes on her since they first got a look at her. I would like to point out to Core that I saw her before him, but Aku would out match everyone except for Avol. Telling Hex would be the worst though. I blinked thinking that over. I shake my head out of it. If Avol and Phoenix know each other prior to this, it would seem that they had more than just a friendship she tried to make us believe.

I look back up from my sweat covered sheets to see Coin was gone. Something in my head says that is very, very bad. I rush out the room, pulling on a pair of sweatpants as I ran. Coin was already in the kitchen by the time I caught up.

"Sain was dreaming of Ph-" Coin was spouting off like it was not going to get me killed.

I reached out covering his mouth with my head finishing his statement, "Of a Phone. A wild man eating Phone." I leaned casually against the table, pulling Coin with me.

They all raised their brows in disbelief.

"That sounds... interesting," Pence said first. "Was it trying to eat you? Did it succeed?"

Blaze huffed, "If it did, we wouldn't have to see him in the kitchen."

Coin struggled against my hand but I didn't let go.

Phoenix got up from the table to place her plate in the sink. Aku leaned closer to her, almost brushing up to her. I narrowed my eyes as Core gave a heated look over at her. Phoenix acted like she hadn't noticed and said to everyone, "Well I'm off. Avol wants me in the beast room at six. That was the only kind of class I haven't had."

"Good luck," Aku grumbled out, giving a glare over at Kuma who was sprawled out in the center of the floor. "Hope you get a useful creature." Kuma growled at him.