Moving On

A/N: Hey! This is after BOO, so there are spoilers. Just a lil' warning. My friends all requested this, so guys, this for you... Hope you enjoy!

(BTW, G/P is godly parent.)

He was dead. He sacrificed himself so you could win the war. Like a hero. When you saw the explosion in the sky, you collapsed to the grass, ignoring the fighting around you. You had cried endlessly. You avoided people. Leo's death had affected you the most. 

You had never told him how you felt.... he never knew you loved him. You had been best friends, but never more than that. All the days you wanted to spend with him... all the kisses you wanted to share.... gone. He was gone.

...

The afternoon was wearing on. That day's training had been hard, and all you wanted was a hot shower. You wanted to plop on your bed and sob. It was the six month mark... six months since... his death. He wasn't coming back. Never.

You were walking back to the G/P cabin when Piper attacked you from behind. She rested her hands on her knees. 

"Leo..." she managed. Your breath hitched. 

"What?" you asked. It couldn't be...

Piper sighed exasperatedly. "Leo! Come, woman!" she yelled, yanking your hand. She led you to the dining pavilion. And impossibly, there was Leo... With Festus, too! You didn't need to see the line of people waiting to punch him. You ran and tackled him in a hug. You fell over, but you remained hugging.

"Leo! Leo, Leo, Leo, Leo..." you yelped, nearly choking him in your embrace. He chuckled, then patted your arm signaling for you to let go.

You let go and stood up. "You're alive?! I thought you were dead!" you screamed, touching his cheek to make sure he was really there. It seemed too good to be true. Your surprise soon turned to anger. 

You kicked him in the sack, making him stagger back in pain. He muttered something. 

"Leo Valdez! You do that to me again and I swear I will rip you to shreds... then patch you up again. You hear me?" you demanded, grabbing his suspenders and pulling him close enough so you could feel his hot breath. He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by another voice.

"Leo! Do you want me to get this crazy girl off of you? I'll beat her up good," a girl said. You let go of Leo to face her, accidentally snapping his suspenders. He winced as they whipped his skin. You didn't bother to say sorry.

The girl had creamy white skin, caramel hair, a long silk dress, and Greek goddess-like sandals. She looked like a girl from a dating reality show. She was perfect. 

You scowled. "Who's she?" you asked Leo. He smiled at the girl. There was something in his eyes when he looked at her... you couldn't quite place it. He wrapped one arm around her minuscule waist. 

"Calypso, meet (Y/N). (Y/N), meet Calypso," Leo said. He seemed uncomfortable, like he could sense the tension between you. 

"Pleasure," Calypso managed, even though she looked like she was going to throw up from hearing your name. Her expression was in between disgusted and evil. You decided to hate her then and there. 

"I died for her. To rescue her. She's my new girlfriend," Leo mused. Then he did something you didn't expect. He kissed her. And she kissed back. You felt tears well in your eyes, and you could barely see where you were going as you staggered backwards. He didn't like you. Not his best friend since forever, oh no. He liked some girl he had just met.

"That's nice," you croaked, before you broke through the crowd. Leo probably didn't even notice. He was too busy making out with his new girlfriend. 

You crashed to your bed. The tears were spilling everywhere, like a dam of emotions had just been broken inside you. Well, something was definitely broken. Your heart. It felt like someone had ripped it out, stepped on it, spit on it, and finally dug it back in its place to see if it still worked. Whoever had invented the word heartbreak clearly hadn't experienced it. It felt like heartshatter

You picked a picture from the wall of you and Leo on Halloween. Without thinking, you ripped it in half, separating Leo and you. He didn't like you back. It was time to move on. 

A/N: That was a sad one. And long too... Hope you liked it! Should I do a part 2 to end it with a happy ending? Say in the comments. Okay, bye! -Alice