Chapter 17

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is safe and enjoying the story. I just wanted to say thank you for over 500 reads. Anyways I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

~Dia POV~

'Wake up' I groan in response 'wake up Dia, we need to get out of here' I slowly wake from what I would say is a very horrible headache and nightmare again. 'Wait.... am I dead? ' I try to open my eyes but then I remember that only one eye will open as the other is severely swollen.

When the one eye opens though it's still black, but my eyelashes hit something made of material. I realise I'm blindfolded. I raise my hand to remove it but my arms hurt and burn. I grit my teeth and lift my arm to take the blindfold off. I take the fabric off and toss it aside.

I slowly open my good eye. 'Man it's bright in here.' It takes a while for my eyes to adjust but eventually I survey my surroundings.

I'm in a room, not my room, it's quite small with a bed that's just a bit smaller than a double bed. The bed isn't the most comfortable but it isn't the most uncomfortable bed either.

The wallpaper is a very pale blue, the floor is wooden, there's a single window in the room but it has bars on it. The door is on my left and it has many many locks, I can see cause of all the keyholes from inside the room. Theres a single chair by the window.

Only then do I notice the shackle on my ankle. As I reach for it I'm paralyzed with all the pain shooting from my ribs, I let out a shriek of pain. I lay back down. I'm too weak to move. And in too much pain. The pain is overwhelming and all I could do is cry out and groan.

I hug the soft pillow for some comfort but I just whimper and cry out in pain. 'I'm in some kind of jail and I am on my deathbed!' I zip my mouth when I hear a door closing from the other side of the door... but the pain is excruciating and a few groans and shrieks slip out.

~Guardian Angel POV~

I arrive back home, firstly I unload the backpack and groceries. Then I move the medical supplies out as well as the hardware things. After everything is inside, I get the crowbar and go bury it somewhere in the woods that is near our home.

Once I get back to the house I'm dripping in sweat, I walk into my bathroom and have a quick shower. I throw on clean clothes and I get to the kitchen, I get the stove going and place a pot with some stock, a few veggies and cream. Once its cooked nicely through I throw it through the blender.

I pour the contents into a bowl I grabbed, it's quite smooth so she should be able to eat it.

I walk up to the door with the soup and spoon in my hands, I hear her groaning out in pain. That breaks my heart but reminds me I need to cover my face.

I quickly walk to my room and pull on a black mask, like thieves wear. I also grab a bottle of water and all the medical supplies. I unlock the door slowly and take a breath. I push the door open and see her lying on her side clutching a pillow.

~Dia POV~

I hear the locks turn and I hold a breath, the door creaks open and I hear footsteps coming closer as well a bag rustling. I freeze when I feel the bed dip.