Chapter 1

"Ms. Dianne Cian... Please come to the front to present your opinion on how momentum increases with the mass of an object" Mrs. Logen announced awakening me from my peaceful slumber. Groaning and pushing my chair back, causing screeching and more attention to be drawn to me. 'Great now I got to ramble a bunch of shit in front of all those judgemental eyes. Just great'

Standing up and shuffling forward towards where my short little physics teacher is standing, how she peers over her glasses and frowns at my body language and lack of enthusiasm. When I get to the front she places a hand on my shoulder tenderly "You can do it Dianne, you are a smart girl and you need to accept that you can exceed other's expectations."

The class in front of me whispers and giggles in response to what my teacher just said. But as per usual the outcast and youngest in the class gets picked on. I was, and well still am, an intelligent person. So I was put in a year earlier than others. That leads me to where I am today, senior year with a bunch of kids who are waiting to turn 18, whereas I have just turned 17.

Casting my hazelnut eyes down, avoiding all the mocking gazes from my "fellow" students, I tuck my wavy dirty blond hair behind my ears. As I lift my gaze I see my friend in the middle of the class, Ava Winston, she gives me a gentle smile which lights up her face and her blue eyes reassure me, her bleech blond hair with blue streaks are in a beautiful braid.

With my eyes focused on Ava I clear my throat and wipe my sweaty palms on my skinny black jeans, as I begin to explain my opinion "you see Mrs Logen... Um. When an object has a higher mass. Uh" my eyes wander around the room and I see how everyone is looking at me. As if that's going to help me stay calm... "Um, the gravitational force has a stronger pull on the object and therefore the momentum increases..." I ramble out as fast as I can because I can't wait to get back to my desk and crawl into my little space.

The kids look at me as if I'm some sort of alien that just spoke Chinese to them. A moment of awkward silence was replaced with roars of laughter. Everyone points at me and laughs as if I am a clown who put on the best show on earth. I feel the heat rising to my cheeks from embarrassment, I quickly make my way to the back of the class while the idiots still mock me as I walk past them. "Gosh. Look at that sweater, I wonder if she stole it out of her grandma's closet!"

As I sit back in my seat I crumple into my folded arms and await for this last period to end. At least I have hockey practice after school, so I can get my mind off of things... Good thing that class ended after 15 mins, I waited for everyone to leave so I don't have to deal with those idiots. As I get out the class I see Ava talking to our other member who completes our blondy trio, Jayden James (also known as Jay).

"Dia! I just heard from Ava what happened. Don't listen to them they are just fucking idiots. Come on let's get your stuff and head to the fields. I got soccer practice and Ava has athletics too." He hangs his arms around each of our shoulders as we head to get our bags from the gym hall, his sandy blond hair hanging in front of his emerald green eyes. Me and Ava are shorter than him and we are roughly the same height.

"So... Athletics huh Ava?" I say with a teasing tone knowing that she was basically forced to do a sport. But I gotta admit she does do good high and long jump.

We are the shades of blonde, as each of us have a different shade of blonde. I have the darkest, Jay the middle (the classic blond) and Ava has hair that is like platinum blond with the blue streaks.

Ava shrugs and groans in response, we continue to get our things. As each of us have our bags, Jay insists on being the gentleman he is to carry our bags. Me and Ava try to carry our own bags but in the end just give up and settle on carrying our change of clothes bag. We start off to the changing rooms next to the fields, seeing all the people turn their heads and look at the 3 weirdos in school.