I was about to get away from all the hassles that school now holds. I was about to break free from the world of ‘Tai’, and stretch my wings.

The drive to the local mall was quick. Along the way Bella explained all the pros and cons of waxing; I never even knew what wax could do to you.

I don’t think I wanted to know.

As I stepped into the mall, the smell of new shoes and coffee brought me to my heaven. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a very girly girl, but I do have a weakness for my shoes and coffee.

Bella and I went into every shop that was worth looking at; Forever 21, American eagle, Delias etc.

By the time we were almost finished, I had 8 shopping bags, and Bella had 11. She could out shop anyone, and not even notice the money she had spent. 

After all that shopping, Bella and I were parched. We decided to go to our favourite little coffee shop.

On the way, we passed the jewellery shop. My eyes immediately noticed the ring that I've been admiring for weeks. I walk over to the display window, staring at the ring. Its thin silver band that held a beautiful diamond in which was encased in the middle. Looking at the price, I just sighed. I could never afford it, even if I worked for years.

Just as I thought that, I got a shiver up my spin; as if someone was stepping on my grave. I turn around, away from the ring, and look around. It felt as though I was being watched.

“Are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost.” Bella asked me in a worried voice. Her perfect skin had moved to form worry lines between her eyes.

“Yeah, I just feel like someone’s watching me. And stop looking so worried, you'll get permanent wrinkles otherwise.”  I laughed at her facial expression after what I had said. She had moved her fingers to her forehead to try and smooth out the wrinkles.

“Oh no! I haven’t got any have I? Mum would kill me if I got wrinkles and I wasn’t even 20!”

With this, I laugh and link our arms together. I walk her over to the coffee shop, all the while she was still playing with the skin of where her frown lines had once been.

We ordered our usual and took our favourite seats; right next to the view of the lake. It was just starting to get darker, so the sun was setting over the lake, leaving oranges and pinks that could never be found anywhere else.

As I turn my head my head to Bella, I see someone out of the corner of my eye.

Tai.

And he’s sitting with a girl, which is a surprise since she’s not even Veronica.

She is the complete opposite of Veronica. While Veronica is all dark with Jet black hair, opal skin and deep green eyes; Tai’s girl is blonde, tan and has blue eyes. Veronica is a dark beauty and this new girl is Barbie reincarnate.

So he can have the best of both worlds?

I don’t think so!

I can’t help it, a bubble of laughed makes the way to my mouth. I'm sitting there laughing uncontrollably.

Bella is looking at me as if I am insane, Tai is making his way over to obviously beg that I don’t tell Veronica, and the mysterious girl is sitting there with just a small, secretive smile on her face.

Before Tai could reach us, I stood up with all of my bags and fresh coffee, and walked out.

I didn’t stop when he called out to me; Bella was already by my side, despite wearing six inch heels. We walked (or hobbled in Bella’s case) to Buggle, got in, and headed home without a word.