"She's pathetic and weak! Look at her, she can't even stand up for herself!" Christine yelled, shooting a dark look at me. "she's not worthy of having Alaric as a mate!" She shrieked. She shot me one final menacing glare and then stepped out of the bakery door; slamming it behind her. The bells jingled loudly, and the slam echoed through the whole vicinity.

I stood still, staring at the door of the bakery in shock. What the hell was that?

"What a bitch," Dolly said rolling her eyes. "She's never stepped foot in here before!"

I had completely forgotten that Dolly and Tori were here. They didn't even make one sound, the whole time that Christine was throwing her tantrum, it was like they were invisible. Dolly walked over to the bakery door and locked it, flipping the sign on the door to say closed instead of opened.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. Never had I seen such an angry she-wolf before. Christine looked so angry that at any moment she could've shifted into her wolf.

"Here sweetie, take a seat," I felt Dolly grab my hand and lead me to a chair. I sat down and looked up at Tori.

"She says inhaling the sugar is enough to add it to her tiny waistline, that's apparently why she never comes in here," Tori said, and I watched as she rolled her eyes and leaned against the counter.

"Nobody likes her but we tolerate her because she's our assigned delta," Tori huffed. "I swear if there was a petition for a new delta, it would be covered in signatures."

If no one liked their delta, could they not request a new one? As if Dean has read my thoughts, he answered my question.

"Only the Alpha can allocate Deltas, it's been this way for centuries," he said softly, leaning against the wall beside me.

I sighed heavily, fidgeting with the apron that I had on. What had I ever done to this woman, for her to treat me like I was dirt under her shoe? I hadn't even spoken one word to her, and yet she blew up like an explosion.

"Why does she hate me? I've not done anything to her," I scowled, looking at Dean for an answer.

"She has a thing for Alaric, she sees you as a threat," Dean replied, looking at me sympathetically.

My mouth flew open, me a threat? I was as threatening as a butterfly! I didn't even harm spiders or flies, I was always the type of girl to guide them out of the window, instead of killing them.

"But I'm not! I can't even shift for crying out loud!" I mumbled pathetically. I noticed that Dolly and Tori's eyes widened at the mention that I couldn't shift.

"I suppose if Alaric was mated to anyone else, they would be a threat too. Don't take it personally," Dean sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

"I didn't want to be mated to Alaric if we weren't mates she could have him for all I care!"

"You don't mean that sugar," Dorothy smiled knowingly at me. "Admit it, a part of you is jealous that she wants the Alpha."

Was I jealous? Perhaps... I was, even if I wasn't sure what I felt for Alaric; I just knew that he wasn't like Alpha Richards and he wasn't like my father.

"Too bad she'll never have him!" Tori blurted out.

"Damn straight," Dean agreed.

I couldn't help but wonder, did Alaric ever pay attention to Christine and give her the wrong idea? Even though I hadn't asked him. I already knew that he must have had past relationships with other females. No man would ever stay celibate for over six hundred years and I just had to accept that Alaric had lived a long life; way before he had met me.