45

You'd be surprised to hear that yes, the mall is in fact still open at 9:47pm. Well the food places are.

We get out of Jack's car. He opens the trunk and pulls out a grey sweatshirt that I've seen him wear thousands of times and some matching grey sweatpants. He hands them to me. I nod and put the sweatpants on discretely in the middle of the car park. I then take my jacket off and pull down the straps of my dress, keeping my arms clamped to my sides so it doesn't fall down. Then, with the help of Jack, I get the sweatshirt on over my head, leaving my dress around my waist. I push it down and step out of it. Jack picks it up and throws it into the back of his car.

---

Jack wraps his arm around my shoulders as we walk towards the frozen yoghurt parlour. Froyo has always been mine and Jack's 'thing'- we refuse to do it with anyone else. We're cool like that.

We stand in the queue to order when I hear a high pitched voice behind me.

"Oh my gosh! It's Jack and Indigo" The voice says. I know who it is straight away. We turn to see Anna... with Cameron.

"Hey guys!" I say in an over peppy voice with a fake smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Cameron brought me out to dinner"

"At a frozen yoghurt place?" Jack laughs. I struggle to keep in a laugh too. That is until Anna shoots me daggers.

"No! At that fancy restaurant over there" She points behind her to a restuarant.

"Great" I say trying to be entusiastic and failing.

"It's our turn to order Ind" Jack informs me before going over to the counter. I stay looking at Cameron and Anna.

"Aren't you going to tell him your order?" Anna asks.

"Don't have to. We always get the same thing. We get a different one each and then share both" I explain.

"Oh well I'm gonna go order for you babe" Anna says walking over to the counter as well.

"So you and Anna huh?" I ask Cameron.

"Yeah. I heard you're with Nash?"

"Not really"

"Oh? So you're single?"

"Yeah"

"Cool" This is the most awkward conversation I've ever had. "I heard you're coming on Saturday?"

"I guess"

"Come" He smiles "We can hang out like we used to"

"Fine" I smile just as Jack comes over.

"I got a different one than I usually do but you HAVE to try this" He says with a spoon in his mouth. He takes it out and puts some of his yoghurt on it. I take it from him and eat it.

"This is good" I say laughing.

"So you guys are close again" Cameron says watching us. "Really close"

"What?" I ask

"Same spoon" He explains "You guys should date"

"Oh my gosh! They totally should" Anna says joining us. "Here babe try this" She says to Cam while glaring at me. She holds her spoon up to his face. He shakes his head.

"I'm gonna stick with my own" He says

"Well I'll have some of yours" She says taking his spoon from his hand and putting it in her mouth.

"Gross. Now I have to get another spoon" He whines walking away

"Well we really have to get going" Jack says before I can laugh at her desperation. "Bye"