29

"What?" I exclaim. I really don't want to have to put up with Jack today.

"That's cool, he's a really nice guy. He's in my music class" Jack J says completely ignoring me.

"Yeah if sleeping with the girl your best friend hates makes you a good guy then yeah he's the best!" I say sarcastically.

"What?" Jack asks. I shrug and Nash begins to explain last nights antics.

"Wow you don't really have a good track record at parties do you?" Jack laughs at me "I mean first the Matt thing at Ellie's, then the thing with Meg at the pool party and now this Jack thing at Carter's party"

"How do you know about the Matt thing?"

"Everyone knows"

"What?"

"Cameron tweeted about it"

"Jee thanks Cam" I say sarcastically. I move Sky off my knee and make my way to the kitchen. I get a glass of water and sit at the table.

"Hey" I see Jack Gilinksy stood in the doorway.

"I don't want to talk to you"

"Please Indie, you're going to have to forgive me sooner or later"

"I don't have to do anything. Just like you didn't have to sleep with the girl who is blatently out to ruin my life"

"You didn't have to sleep with Cameron when you knew full well that I have a thing for you"

"If you weren't so much of a wimp then maybe you could have told me and done something about it"

"Indie-"

"No Jack, I really liked you."

"You did?"

"Yeah and then you fucked me over with Meg"

"You fucked Cameron! This isn't all my fault"

"You don't hate Cameron"

"How do you know that I don't? I never told you that I didn't"

"You don't tell me anything Jack!"

"Well I'm telling you now Indigo. I'm in love with you"

"And I'm telling you now Jack. I'm over you." I say coldly, getting out of my seat.

"Ind are you okay in here?" Nash says bursting through the door. "What's going on?" He says coming close to me. He wipes a tear from my cheek. I didn't want to cry, not infront of Jack, not because of Jack. Nash interlocks his hand with mine, squeezing it as if he's giving me a vote of confidence.

"So it's because of Nash again?" Jack says as we turn towards the door. "You ditched me for him at the start of high school and now you're leaving me for him now"

"I'm not leaving you for Nash."

"You kinda are"

"I'm not leaving you because I was never with you" I tighten my grip around Nash's hand. "Lets go back to the lounge"

We walk back out into the living room to see all eyes on us. I quickly break away from Nash when I spot Cameron glaring at me. Easy. Don't be so easy Indigo. No, don't let Cameron control you. Don't let anyone control you.

I take Nash's hand again and we sit on the couch. Nash sits first and I sit next to him, right in the corner, putting my legs over his. Skylynn clambers ontop of my lap and snuggles into my chest. I wrap my arms around her and cluddle her until she falls asleep.

"Jack will you take a picture of this?" Nash says quickly, trying not to wake Skylynn. Jack J nods and pulls out his phone. I rest my head on Nash's shoulder and close my eyes. Seconds later Nash's phone beeps in his back pocket. He squirms around, trying to retrieve it. He finally finds it and unlocks it. He shows me his screen- it's an instagram post from Nash's account of the picture that has just been taken captioned: My favourite two girls @indigobartoli.

I smile and lean back into Nash's shoulder just as his phone begins to ring.