__________________________

That's the most unfortunate part for Tommy. Yes, he was still in Grey Barrier, but didn't he think of how long the ship had gone? He didn't know that he was in the northern part of Grey Barrier so the area was still strange to him. What would happen in there, anyway?

_________________________

Once Tommy reached the shore, he first looted whatever remained in the ship. Then, he quickly went on. He didn't care at first but he was surprised as soon as he realized that he was in a different place. Yes, he went to the beach before but this beach was different than the beach near his place. The trees' alignment were different, that was what made Tommy surprised.
He went on and on for a very long distance by occasionally running and walking. He only ate fruits, drank whatever source of water that he could find, avoided wild animals and so on until the sun already rose up. It was 07:08 AM and he hadn't found signs of people. At this moment, he was in a thick forest. Tommy was surprised to find that the wind was hard and leaves blew off in many directions. He was stuck in there because of how thick the forest was and he went on again.
He found an entrance to an underground cave. Tommy was curious about the cave and he decided to look around. Before he went down, someone came.
"I wouldn't enter that cave unarmed, you won't survive there", an unknown person came and said that to Tommy.
Tommy looked at the person. The guy was around 1 cm shorter than him but the guy could carry something big. He thought that the guy was a native from the place.
"Hi, are you a native from this place?", asked Tommy.
"Of course. This place is near my hometown. I come here now and then to keep an eye on the entrance. A friend of mine asked me to", said the person.
"My name is Tommy Rick, I'm also from Grey Barrier but in the southwestern part. As I got here, I was surprised to know I was in a different place. What is your name?" asked Tommy.
"My name is Nelson Patricia. Nice to meet you, Tommy", said the man, who turned out to be none other than Nelson Patricia.
"Nice to meet you...uh...Nelson", said Tommy.
"Call me Patty, haha", said Patty while laughing a bit.
"Oh, okay, nice to meet you, Patty", said Tommy again.
"You look tired, Tommy. Come with me and I'll show you our town", said Patty.
"Uh, alright, man", said Tommy.
Tommy and Patty went back to the town. While on the way...
"Patty, is that a sword behind you?", asked Tommy.
"Oh, yes, it is. What about it?", asked Patty.
"Hmm, it just looked like it could be heavy", said Tommy.
"Oh, does it bother you that much? This is a runesword. A runesword is a sword with runes carved on it. Once the wielder reads the rune, they would get special powers. This right here is one of them. Yes, it was heavy before I read the rune but once I read it, it wasn't heavy anymore, my body kind of adapted to it. Anyway, it was 17 years ago. You look like in your early twenties", said Patty.
"Oh, yes, I am", said Tommy.

After the talk, they finally arrived at the town.
"What a town....", said Tommy, surprised.
"You'll find it comfortable here", said Patty.
Tommy looked at him.
"It's different than ours. Our place has future technology", said Tommy.
"I heard about that story. We're also currently adapting, together with the whole northern part of Grey Barrier. In time, we might have the same technology as yours", said Patty.
In the middle of talk, someone came.
"Patty, you brought a stranger, care to tell me who his name is?", said an unknown person.
"This is Tommy Rick. He's from the southwestern part of Grey Barrier", said Patty.
"Oh, the futuristic area? Good to see you, my name is Nikobi Cross. You can call me Cross", said the man, who turned out to be Nikobi Cross.
"Uh, Cross, you look like a hunter", said Tommy, surprised with Crokss' looks.
"Haha, I know you're centuries ahead, no doubt that you haven't seen an archer. See you later, guys", said Cross as he left to roam around.

Meanwhile, Patty guided Tommy to a place where they could sit down.
"Patty, I need weapons", said Tommy.
"You're in the right place", Patty went somewhere.
Tommy waited for Patty as he sat there, thinking.
After a couple of seconds, Patty came back with a heavy box.
"I'm surprised that the box is still heavy for you", said Tommy while grinning.
"What kind of a crazy lunatic that puts runes in a box?" said Patty.
"Remember, millions of alternate reality exists and that could be one of them", said Tommy. They both laughed.
As Patty put the box, Tommy began to look for weapons.
"We don't have anything that you have so, take whatever is comfortable for you", said Patty.
Tommy kept looking for weapons. Then, Tommy came with something.
"Hmm, are you sure about that?" asked Patty.
"I love light weapons, so are pistols", said Tommy.
Tommy picked up a dagger.
Then, Tommy thought about something.
"Hey, Tommy, are you okay?" asked Patty.
Tommy went silent for a moment.
"I want to return home", said Tommy.
"We don't have any kind of transportation so it would take a long road. You should stay here for a couple of years. If you want to go back now, I'll come with you, I want to learn some your technologies", said Patty.
Tommy thought for a moment. Then, he thought since he had no family left, he could stay in here for a while. When he got captured, he already said farewell to his comrades so he had nothing to worry about.
"Alright, Patty, I'll stay here", said Tommy.
"Great choice", said Patty.

__________________________

Tommy decided to stay in the place. It's surprising that he stayed in the northern part of Grey Barrier, having no clue that many years after that, they would become two of the five founders of Arcana Defenders. For the next one, I'll tell you about how our dimension works.

To be continued.

Author's note:
"Tommy Rick finished! If you like this story, please vote and comment, I appreciate any of them so much, see you in the next part!"