9- Must have been the wind (song fic)

This is an amazing song I really suggest you guys listen to it!! This Imagine takes place when Bronny is older and living on his own. Kind of like college and it's from his POV.

I sat at my desk doing my homework in nothing but grey sweats and my UCLA hoodie. I lived in an apartment with my roommate but he was out for the night probably at a party or something. Our apartment was pretty nice actually but the walls were thin so there got to be a lot of noise at night especially with a building filled with college kids but the apartment above me was always so quiet. Don't get me wrong it was nice but it felt eery in a way. Every once in a while I could hear what sounded like crying and something breaking but I ignored it. That was until tonight when the sound of glass shattering tore me from my focus and the sounds of whimpering and muffled crying could be heard. I hesitantly got up and slipped a pair of slides on, heading out the door cautiously. I got into the elevator to the second floor and found the apartment directly above mine. I knocked on it and I heard some shuffling on the other side and a girl opened the door.
She was about y/h and had beautiful y/h/c hair. I felt my heart skip a little bit but I then spoke up. "Hey sorry to bother you I just heard something crash or like shatter and I just wanted to see if you were okay?" I said softly. My eyes scanned her apartment and it looked completely fine and untouched but I noticed more than one pair of shoes behind her feet so someone else might have been with her. My suspicion grew but I waited for her to speak. "I think your ears are playing tricks on you," she said slightly laughing, "Thanks for caring about me though that's sweet but I- I should get back to work." She said softly. I looked at her studying her to see if she was hurt in any way but she looked fine. She was wearing a dark grey hoodie two sizes too big for her and she had it up to her chin hiding her face a bit, looking down never making eye contact. "Oh yeah that's good. Are you sure you don't need any help with anything? I mean the crash sounded pretty big." I said not taking her answer. "I wish I could tell you about the noise but I didn't hear a thing." She said a bit deadpan.
"It must have been the wind." She said as she shut the door lightly. "Yo I'll be downstairs if you need anything." I said lightly knocking on the door after. I didn't know what to think so I just went back down stairs and opened up my door and flipped down onto the cold floor and listened. I couldn't shake the feeling of her out of my head so I pulled out my phone. I connected it to my speaker and aimed it and the ceiling.
I scrolled through my music and found "lean on me" and played it so she could get the idea I was always here for her. I played that song almost every night for almost a month and I explained to my roommate what happened when he got home the next morning so he could know what was going on.

From that day forward I didn't hear anymore crying or loud noises. It just stopped. I also saw her around campus more and we eventually became friends. She never told me what happened that one night. I don't think she'll ever tell me but as long as she's with me I don't care.
~
~
~

I'm gonna be honest I'm not too proud of this one but I'm really just using this book to write and fill my boredom up with something.
NOT EDITED