5- Smash or Pass

You ever hate someone so much just the thought of them makes you mad? Bronny James is my person. I honestly don't know why I hate him still we hated each other back in grade 3 because he cut one of my braids off and I was livid as any black girl would be. I'm sitting in the cafeteria with my friends we were all just talking about volleyball and basketball season and how we wish we could get a bigger break in between those two sports seasons. My friend Kalani has always been the, I guess, not so innocent one in the group and it shows.
"Hey guys I have a great idea! Let's play smash or pass but guys in our grade." She said smiling and jumping up and down in her seat. I already had a bad feeling about but hey why not?
"Okay Kalani since you want to play so badly you first smash or pass Khoi Thurmon?" Everyone started getting curious and poking fun at her. We all kind of had the idea that she had a crush on him but we never really asked her.
"Hmmm is smash." She said smirking which made everyone freak out even more. I slowly got more interested as more names kept on getting thrown out. It was all fun for me because none had asked me yet and I was fine with it!
"So y/n what about you? You're still playing right?" My friend Leah asked. I got nervous for some reason. I hadn't heard Bronny's name yet in the conversation and he was one of the popular boys so I knew his name would pop up soon. I still decided to play, I mean I didn't want to look weak in front of everyone.
"Hmmm y/n, smash or pass Bronny?" Lean said smirking. Everybody in our friend group knew I hated Bronny and everyone knew that Bronny hated me which would probably be the reason she picked him of all people.
"Really Leah?" I said
"What! You have to admit he's pretty fine." She said, putting her hands up in defence.
"I mean she isn't wrong y/n and plus he is super athletic." Kalani said.
"That doesn't mean shit! He's still an asshole." I said taking a bit of a French fry. "Okay Fine but just for looks would you smash him?" Maria asked looking up from her phone. I just rolled my eyes.
"Yes, I would." I said putting my head down on the table. I couldn't believe I admitted that! I swear if that got out I would be dead. I thought I would hear people start freaking out and laughing but they all looked scared like they had seen a ghost or something behind me?
"Uh does someone at this table like him or something? I'm sorry-"
"You would...smash me?" I heard a deep voice say behind me and my stomach sunk. Everyone just sat their awkwardly eating or going on their phone too embarrassed for me to look up. I slowly turned around looking at the one and only Bronny James grinning like an idiot and right beside him was Mikey Williams. Jesus Christ I was so dead.
"Don't get a bigger ego! It's just a game." I said smirking trying to act all big but inside I was slowly dying.
"I heard what you said about me. You think I'm an asshole huh?" He said walking closer making me stand up. He was huge compared to me probably a foot difference and I was wearing airmax 97s.
"My gosh Bronny seriously calm down it was a joke." I said backing up locating the nearest door so I could make a run for it.
"You know what I didn't find that joke funny y/l/n." He said still backing me up.
"Bronny get a life honestly and stop tormenting me like what for huh honestly! You think it's funny making my school life miserable? Do you?" By this point people were staring at us.
"Whatever y/n but if I hear my name come out of your mouth one more time." He said.
"You'll what?" I said acting all tough. Shit. I shouldn't have said that. I grabbed my phone off the table and started running for the door heading him run after me. We were both athletic and fast so it wasn't easy to catch me. I rounded a corner and ran up a flight of stairs quickly running into the girls restroom thinking I would lose him in there but he ran in after me pinning me against the wall.
"You think I hate you?" He yelled it looked like he was gonna cry.
"Bronny what are you doing? Oh my gosh get out!" I yelled but stopped after a tear escaped his eye.
"Y/n I'm so sorry that I put you through all that shit. I was actin a mess and I didn't mean it. I....like you." He said calming himself down and releasing me from his grip.
"You what?" I said shocked.
"I really like you. I was just scared to tell you so I hid my emotions and acted like an "asshole". Bruh I swear I didn't mean any of it I was just scared you would find out. I get that you don't wanna be wit me just know that I'm s-" I just cut him off with a hug. I knew how he felt. I liked him too I was just scared to show it.
"Bronny I'm sorry for calling you that. I-I feel the same way I just didn't want you to find out too I guess?" I said burying my head in his chest.
"Y/n can I take you out on a date like tonight?" He said pulling away and looking at me. I laughed at his now excited mood.
"Of course. Pick me up at 7." I said smiling.
"Will do cutie." He said kissing my cheek.

Okay that was a fast one and definitely needs editing but it's deadass 3am so I will edit tomorrow😂

Don't forget to vote!!!!