8. Demon! America

The America we all know of isn't the real America, the real America had been gone for hundreds of years and he never had the pleasure of meeting another personification. The body and soul of the real America had been devoured by a demoness who used his remains to feed her hungry brood. The Native American tribe who had been looking after the baby nation at that time demanded reparations lest they go to war with the demons and go on a campaign to eradicate them all. In panic the demoness offered up the youngest and smallest of her children, the one who appeared the closest to human with his wheat blond hair, fragile build and slightly tan skin. He was taken in by the tribe and was taught how to use his magic in order to disguise his red eyes, pointed teeth, fangs and other demonic features. He was taught how to behave more humanly and threatened with his eradication if he dared to indulge in his more demonic nature.

He was fed only human food like fruits and meats which wasn't particularly filling to him, hence his massive binge sessions in order to sate his hunger. There are a lot of human behaviors that he had never quite learned how to do properly, like reading the atmosphere of the room or using an 'inside voice.' Demons were a more tactile species, a habit which Alfred had never managed to shake off resulting in frequent hugs to Japan, Canada, France and just about anyone who would allow him. However, he did appreciate being allowed to show his true nation and take a break from using his magic and hiding his magic from England, hence why many of his houses were in isolated areas near large forests.

He didn't remember much of his birth place though, the fiery hell that lay underneath the surface of the earth. The little he remembered he held an intense dislike for; he hated how every day was a fight, how he was bullied for his size by his siblings and all the other consequences that came with being the runt of the family. Here on earth however, he was on top and heck, he was even the world superpower and beat the greatest empire on earth at that time (with help off course). Alfred had felt something that perhaps few other demons had ever been able to feel, love. He had felt all types of love; parental love, brotherly love, friendship love and even romantic love.

All those thoughts and memories and lots of others coursed through Alfred's head as he absentmindedly watched Japan make a presentation. There was an odd smell that had been bothering him all day and he hadn't been able to figure out quite what it was. The scent was oddly familiar and it made him feel just a bit nostalgic, however it also gave him the sense that he was in danger. The American tapped his foot on the floor as he went through his memories trying to recall where he had last smelled that scent, all he could remember is that it was long ago.

"Something smells like sulphur," Matthew mumbled as he took notes from France's presentation. "It kinda stinks."

There was a sharp intake of breath to the right of the Canadian from his twin as his eyes widened. Sulphur was the typical smell of demons although after so many years masquerading as a nation and becoming a nation Alfred smelt more or less like a nation. The smell of sulphur brought back memories of the underworld, his demon brethren and the screams of humans being tortured for all eternity. For the smell of sulphur to be so prominent in the room meant that a demon was probably close by, probably having borrowed a security guard or member of staff as a meat suit since nations couldn't be possessed. Alfred lifted his arm in the arm, obnoxiously waving it in the air to attract Germany's attention.

"Yes Alfred." Germany called as France returned to his seat.

"Can I like take a bathroom break dude?" America pleaded with a pout. "I really gotta go and Mattie's presentation is next and I already heard it like 50 times cause he practiced at the hotel."

Germany sighed and allowed America to go hoping that he could at least burn off some of his excess energy as his twitchiness was quite noticeable. America got up and left, quite aware of Canada's upset glare but what he needed to do now was far more important ...probably. America called upon his mostly dormant demonic abilities causing his eyes to glow a faint red as he followed the smell of sulphur to a bathroom with an 'out of order' sign. He turned the door handle gently and after finding it looked he simply forced it open with his superstrength. Standing with his back to the door was a tall man with salt and pepper hair dressed in the uniform of one of the security guards for Canada.