6. College Degrees

"Hello America," Canada greeted his younger twin. "Remember you asked me to stay over a few weeks ago and I told you that I'd get back to you? Well my house is under going renovations so I was wondering if I could take you up on that offer if it isn't too late?"

"It was actually a few years ago, I'm sure it's been at least a decade," America thought just a bit resentful. "But who's counting certainly not me. It's not like I'm bitter and lonely or anything like that. I don't mind not having a family or any genuine friends, really I don't."

"Sure Canadia the hero can never turn away his adoring fans!" America exclaimed with just a hint of nervousness in his voice. "HAHAHAHA!"

"Jeez my laugh is irritating. I swear its like nails on a chalkboard or like a drunk Iggie trying to sing," Alfred thought cringing slightly at the mental image. "My brain to mouth filter is definitely broken or maybe it just never existed?"

"Thanks America I really appreciate it," Canada replied smiling tightly. "The car I'm using is a rental so I'll have to return it because I'm not sure how much I'll actually drive."

"I really hope that I don't regret this," Canada prayed silently as he glanced up to the sky hoping for a sign from a higher power. "Maybe it isn't too late to ask Papa to stay with him. But I'd probably hurt America's feelings. I mean he's still my ...older brother or little brother? I'm not really sure, I hope I remember to ask Papa."

*One Long, Really Boring Meeting Later*

"Ready Canadia?" America asked bouncing on the tips of his toes excitedly as he went over to his twin.

"It's Canada," Canada corrected patiently with a sigh. "Let me just tell Papa goodbye and tell him where I'll be for the next month."

"Okay tell Francey- pants I said bye," America said cheerfully. "I'll wait for you by your car."

Canada gathered his belongings and placed them in his bag before going to find his father figure.

It didn't take long for the Canadian to find France, all he had to do was follow the sound of fighting and the feeling of sexual tension. He took a deep breath before going to interrupt England and France's daily fight.

"I won't be at home for about a month or two Papa so if you need me call my cell. My house is being renovated so I'm staying with America for the time being," Canada explained softly. "I'm not exactly sure where his main house is but my pretty sure its in the state of Virginia somewhere? I'm sure you know where England."

"Why would you want to stay over with that git for so long?" England questioned confused. "Wouldn't you rather staying over with me or even the frog? Are you sick lad? There is a hospital somewhere that we can take you to if you're feeling ill."

"I know how you feel about him Arthur but I can't back out of this now without seriously hurting his feelings. I hope that I won't regret this," Canada admitted as he picked at a stray thread on his jacket. "Maybe it will be okay? I'm sure it will be.

"Goodbye and good luck Mathieu," France said earnestly. "I hope that you return in one piece. If necessary send me a text and we'll figure out a way to bail you out. Now give Papa a hug."

Canada gave his father a quick hug being careful to not get groped before he went to join his brother at his car. England stared after Canada with clear worry as he hoped that the quiet nation would be okay. The older twin had a red Honda CR-V while the younger one got into a blue BMW X1 with an American flag on the bumper.

"I've been staying in Virginia for a while but if you think it might be too hot for you we can go to Philadelphia," America suggested gently as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. "It's your choice dude. I just want you to be comfy."