CH19

The trip went by in a blur, me and Adrien explored my home town and had fun exchanging gifts with my parents, just have a nice warm christmas together.
When we boarded the plane home, I felt both recharged and empty. I wanted to spend more time with my parents, but it was time to leave.
“Goodbye dears.” my mom both of us individually. “Come visit again soon please.”
“We will mama.”
“Goodbye you two.” My dad scooped us both up into a group hug.
“Bye papa.” I hugged back. He let us go and we pulled our bags to security.
On the plane, I lend my head on Adrien’s shoulder, prepared for the long flight. Adrien wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. I felt the plane start slowly moving forward, picking up speed until it lifted up off the ground, giving me a short feeling of no stomach. I fell asleep on Adrien's shoulder.
I was stirred awake with Adrien shaking me gently telling me that we were to land soon. I blinked the sleep out of my eyes, sitting up straight.
“Good morning sleeping beauty.” He kissed my forehead, making me blush.
“How long was I out for?” I asked.
“Just a couple of hours.” I yawned a bit.
“Thank you for waking me up.”
“No problem.” he said leaning back in his chair. “Only 5 days to ourselves.”
“Yep, and then the party.” we sit in silence, a cloud of dread hanging over our heads. I wondered if I was good enough or if I could attend and not make a disaster. I wondered what Adrien was thinking.
“So I’m not really supposed to tell you this, but you got the internship.” Adrien broke the silence.
“What?!” I cried shocked. “I thought I was just going to pretend so you could bring someone.
“Mhm, my father is going to hand the company over to you so he figured you should get some experience. It’s going to be announced at the party. I also agreed to reveal that I’m Chat Noir at the party so it makes some sense.” I sat holding a hand to my mouth, I was in shock.
“Please tell me you're joking, are you kidding me?” I found my voice.
“Nope, you are now the next owner of the Agreste company.” I was about to reply when I heard the seatbelt sign turn off with a ding. I didn’t even notice the plane had landed. We unclipped and stood.
I was still in shock as we exited the plane. Adrien got into his limo and I hailed a taxi. We agreed to leave separately so there would be little suspicion on our relationship. The entire taxi ride home was quiet and I had to remind myself to breathe without screaming in excitement. My mind had finally fully processed what Adrien told me. The Gabriel Agreste was going to give me the Agreste company.
I was in a numb state as I walked into my building, greeted Molly, and stepped into the lift. I made it to my room and entered.
Chat wasn’t here yet. I took a shower, feeling a bit gross after the plane. The water was warm and I felt refreshed after it when I slipped into pajamas. I had a quick dinner of granola bars and sliced up apples.
Tired, I crawled under my sheets. Today felt both short and long. I heard the balcony door swing open, in the dark, I got out and walked to the door to find Chat. We were quiet as we walked to the bed and cuddled up. I kind of missed his leather costume as I curled up under the sheets next to him, body heat radiating off of each other's bodies. We fell asleep next to each other, our arms wrapped around one another.