CH4

“Pardon me? Top floor? But I could only afford the first floor along with University expenses.” I stood shocked, I didn’t understand.
“Yes, well consider it our treat, though we have top security, speaking from experience, the first floor is never entirely safe, so I moved you up.” The girl behind the desk replied, her name was Molly I found out.
“Was the second floor too expensive? Thank you, but you really didn’t need to do this.”
“It was my pleasure, I hope we can be good friends, so let's start with making sure your safe. Also, don’t worry two much, my parents own the building, if you ever need something, I stay in the room right down the hall by myself, and I work the front desk full time.”
“Um, well, thank you then Molly. I really don’t know what to say, I guess I’ll bring my stuff upstairs, I hope to be friends too.” I rolled my bags to the lift and pressed the top floor button. I look at the key in my hand, trying to memorise the room number. The lift began ascending, as I passed each floor, there would be a small ping.
Finally the doors open and I step out and follow the long hallway to my room. I check the number on the door before sliding the key into the lock and listening for a click. I open the door and walk into the beautiful apartment that looked like it was fit for a princess.
I shut my door behind me and lock it so I don’t forget. I have all summer to get used to this place before school. I start unpacking, my things and arranging everything to my taste. I start stacking my newly purchased school books on the book shelf for me to flip through later and get a head start on class.
Once I was done, I stepped out onto the balcony to admire the view of the Eiffel Tower.
“It’s really beautiful” I breath
“Yeah it really is.” the voice came from behind me. I panicked, I thought I’d be safer up here! I wiped around to see a boy my age dressed in leather leaning against the wall, I start to back away, forgetting about the railing and tipping over backwards. The boy reached for me as I lost balance and fell over the side.