CH2

“You know how exact the string is, give it a few secon-'' My mother's words were cut off with a loud roar erupting in my ears, I felt light and fluffy. I felt a warm flash of invisible sunlight, I watched in aw as the sound died down and everything went back to the way it was. I didn’t notice, my attention was locked on my finger as I watched a red string tie itself to my left pinky and start to loosely form, weaving through the air looking for its other half coming off of my soulmate’s pinky. Like a hound, it has a sharp stop for less than a second, then shooting off into the distance. I felt a slight pull as if the string was begging me to come along to meet my other half.
    I fumble for my phone, struggling to unlock it and pull up google maps how Alya suggested. I aligned my phone with my line so that it showed the way I was facing. I scrolled forward, gnawing on my lip in anticipation. I watched as I scrolled to.
    “Paris” I whispered, joy filled my voice,”Paris!” I cry louder for my parents to hear.
    “Marinette, I hate to disappoint, but what if he’s further than Paris?” My mom asked.
    “Well, then I’ll go there and stay near Alya and Nino as I look if he’s there. If not, well, I still was accepted into a good fashion design school there a few weeks ago, all I need to do I say yes to it and start in the fall. My soulmate can wait for my education, right?”
    “Of course dear, and good luck, do you need help packing?”
    “No thank you mama, but could you find me some tickets to paris? I can pay, it would just help a lot.”
    “My dear, you’ve worked so hard, save your money for your education, we just want to help you, just a little bit. We know you’re an adult now.”
    Thank you mama and papa!” I ran in for a group hug before running upstairs where I had already pulled out my suitcase the night before. I race around, pulling outfits from the closet and dresser. I dashed to the bathroom for toiletries and dumped them in the bag.
    My phone started buzzing, looking at the screen I saw that Alya was trying to call me. I tap the answer call and speaker button as I searched my room for my sketch book. My dream is to be a fashion designer.
    “Marinette! Are you there?” Alya’s voice floated over to me.
    I spot my book under the bed, I reach under and pull it out, it must have slipped there during the chaos.
    “Yeah, I’m here, and soon I’ll be seeing you over there!” I called to my phone.
    “OMG girl! Your prince charming is here?!”
    “At least in that general direction, yes!”
    “Girl! Until you get your own apartment, you can stay with us! You’d love Nino!”
    I wince, I didn’t want to third wheel. “It’s okay, I have enough to get one, I’ve been saving up since I first heard that you had to look for them. Besides, I might stay in a dorm, I’m saying yes to Marangoni Fashion Institute!”
    “Aww, well at least you're going to a good school and following your dreams! Me and Nino will meet you at the airport and give you a tour so you can see if your true love is here and find the school.”
    “Sounds good! I can’t wait to see you again! It’s been too long!”
    “Pack Girl! I don’t want to wait a second longer to see you! I can sense that you’ve stopped moving for a moment over the phone!” with that said, I sprang back into action.
    “I need to go! See you soon! I’ll be sure to send you my flight details!” I say before I hang up. I finish fast and zip up my 2 suitcases and heave them down the stairs to my parents.
    “Let us drive you to the airport, we want to see you off.” My dad said trying to withhold tears of pride as he snached the car keys from the counter.
    “You’ll have to tell us all about this boy of yours when you meet him!” My mom ran to get the door as dad helped me carry my bags.
    The whole trip to the airport was filled with talk between my parents on grandbabies and how proud they are that I got into a good school while I replied to the school in the backseat.
    “Oh, please tell me that I’ll have grandchildren!” My mom excitedly asked me as we pulled up to the curb, we decided that they would drop me off with my ticket and bags when we got here to make it easier.
    “We’ll see mama!” I giggled
    “Don’t forget to call us when you land, we want to make sure you get there safe, promise?”
    “I promise” I slid out of the car with my ticket stowed in my purse. I take the handles of my bags and enter, I focus on getting to the plane. I manage to get through security easily and make it to my boarding station where I texted Alya my flight information.
    Once on the plane, I finally relaxed. I don't know when or where I’ll meet my soulmate, but for now, I wanted to do well in school first. If I do happen to meet my soulmate in Paris, then that’s just an added bonus. I close my eyes and prepare myself for the 2 and a half hour flight.