CH12

“Um, haha! That’s a good one! Adrien isn’t my soulmate.” I tried to cover up his identity. Sadly, I can’t tell a convincing lie to save my life.
“Oh my goodness he is?!” She squealed.
“Okay, yes he is, but you need to keep it a secret, please?”
“I can do that, I'm like a vault, nothings getting past these lips.”
“Thank you Molly. I need to go, do you want to go fabric shopping with me?”
“You design? That’s so cool!”
“Thanks.” we started walking down the hall. I wondered how Chat is right now
-----

“Adrien, I feel as if I’ve been seeing you less and less.” My father stated. I was tempted to make a snippy comment but I refrained.
“Well, you could be busier with work.”
“That might be it, but last week when I requested you to eat with me for dinner, you weren't in your room.”
“I- I didn’t know.” I said, all I’ve wanted since mom passed away was to hang out with my father. “I was out, I feel really lonely.”
“Well, in two years when you get your red string, you won't be lonely anymore, you’ll have a soulmate.”
“Father, that was this year. And maybe I wouldn’t be so lonely if you actually spent time with me! I feel like we’re strangers, you don’t even know that I’m 18!” tears were racing down my cheeks.
“Son.” he whispered, he went in to hug me but I stepped away.
“I need to go, my mother told me not to talk to strangers.” I left him alone in the great stone room. He’s hurt me so much and now he’s trying to reconnect? Is this some weird form of torture? I want to see Marinette, but I don’t want to bother her with this.
I strolled around the city, it felt different as Adrien, people were staring at me without the mask, not knowing my identity. A few high school girls playfully giggled as I passed them, batting their eyelashes in my direction. I saw they had my magazine in front of them, I continued on, walking just slightly faster and ran head first into a girl wearing a white blouse and orange cardigan sipping a cranberry smoothie. Her drink splattered onto her blouse soaking and staining her shirt, only a bit got onto my black shirt. Her blouse was see through and I could see a lacy bra through the spill.
“Oh my goodness, I’m so sorry, here let me help you!” I snatch some napkins from a restaurant table nearby. I start blotting up the stain.
“Hey! Stop that you creep!” she yelled at me, a few people stopped to see what was happening before continuing onto wherever they were going. She looked up at my face and had a total change of expression, her mood did a full 180. “O-oh, I’m sorry about that, I’ve got this.” She took the napkins from me. “Hi, my name’s Lila, Lila Rossi.” she smiled and held out her hand to shake. I accepted it feeling very uncomfortable with this sudden attitude change.
“Uh, Adrien.”
“Yeah, I know!” she giggled. “Hey, my red string birthday is next week, maybe you're my soulmate.”
“Uh, yeah, I don’t know about that.”
“Yeah, but it’s possible for Marinette to red string Chat Noir, then there’s a chance that we could red string.” She looked exasperated when she said Marinette’s name. “Oh my goodness, she’s always the center of attention in class because the tether likes her designs, soulmateing with Chat Noir was probably an unneeded ego boost.”
“You know Marinette?”
“Yeah, now I’m betting she’s going to come into class tomorrow thinking she’s the Queen of England or something! She annoys me so much!” It took all it could to refrain myself from defending my girlfriend, in the media, she’s Chat’s girlfriend, not Adriens.
“Um, well she seemed pretty nice.” I tried to get out of this conversation fast.
“Eah, whatever, well, at least we’ll be seeing more of each other now.”
“Wait, why?” I was suddenly concerned.
“Because, I’m applying for your father's internship! Isn’t that exciting?”
“Hehe, sure.” I look at my wrist. “Oh, would you look at the time? I’m late for a private photo shoot.
“But, Adrien? You're not wearing a watch.”
“Cool new tech, prototype, got to go!” I rushed my words and dashed through the streets, looking for my father's main store and getting away from that lila girl.
I found the building I was looking for and almost slipped running in through the door. I ran to the front gasping for breath.
“Could I, have, an intern, application?” I asked the person at the front.
“Um, yes sir. The due date is tomorrow.”
“Thank you.” I found a small secluded alleyway to transform in and ran to Marinette’s flat. I had to slow down on the way to keep from rumpling the paper.
When I got there the lights were out and she was nowhere to be seen. My mind immediately jumped to the worst possible conclusion, ‘what if she was kidnapped?’ I steady my breaths, I’m sure she’s just out. I saw her phone face up on the counter lighting up. I open the balcony door, she’s been leaving it unlocked for me so I didn’t have to worry about stares walking through the lobby. I turned on the lights and peered over the phone, she had a few texts from her parents coming in every second. I didn’t read them, I trust her, and she trusts me otherwise she would lock her balcony door and I don’t intend to ever break her trust. I set the form on the table and sit on the couch waiting for her, after a moment, sleep hits me and I fall asleep there.