CH15

I had just changed out of pajamas and started drinking my coffee and looking for my school books when I heard my balcony door open. I didn’t need to look.
“Hey Chat.” I sipped my coffee.
“Morning princess.” He purred. I look at the clock.
“I have just around half an hour until class and it’s a twenty minite walk, could you do me a favor and help me look for my sketch book? I can’t find it, it might be in my room.” I found and stuffed my text books into my bag.
“Sure.” Chat wandered into my room.”
-----

I looked around her room for her sketchbook. I finally opened the top drawer of her bedside table. In there I found her sketchbook lying on top of a spiral notebook titled ‘Improved puns for if I ever meet Chat Noir.’ I shut the drawer and bring the sketch book back to Marinette.
“Here you go.”
“Thanks so much Chat, where was it?”
“Marinette? You're going to be late for school.”
“Gah! Thanks a bunch! Love you!”
“Love you too.” I say as she shut the door, hurrying to make it to class. I wait 5 seconds before running to her room to read the notebook. I started to open it when I had a wave of guilt wash over me. What if she didn’t want me to read it. I wave my thoughts away, it’s not like I’m reading her diary, and if it seems like it on the first page, I’ll close it. I opened the first page and was flooded with puns. My eyes couldn’t read them fast enough, I closed the book, my mind could barely grab hold of a few puns floating around in there. I put it back, my brain was going to explode if I tried to read more.
My phone pinged with a calendar notification:
‘Photo shoot- End of Fall Wear. 9:00- 12:00’
It was 8:45 right now. I sprung out the window to make it on time, we’d have to be quick with the hair and make up.
-----

I made it to class on time thanks to Chat getting my book and reminding me the time. I was still curious where he founded. I could hardly focus on the lecture, worried that he found it in the drawer with the pun’s notebook. I was tired when I put it away, I wasn’t thinking.
One part of my brain was teasing me with the ‘What if he sees the puns you thought up when you were 15, he’d leave you for sure, especially when he knows about you, and Alya’s, but mainly your “small” fascination with him.” I don’t particularly like that part of my brain, it’s mean to me. The other part was telling me ‘don’t worry, he’ll love you no matter what, he’s your soulmate!’ I like this part of my brain better.
‘Yes, but he’s only with you because of a red string, I bet that if the red string didn’t exist, he wouldn’t even give you a second glance.’
‘Not true, you're beautiful and Chat love’s you for you, not because of a stupid string.’
“Hey Marinette.” My thoughts were brutally interrupted.
“Lila.” she sat down next to me.
“Congrats about your boyfriend, couldn’t wait a second more to tell the world huh?”
“Pardon me? Do you have a point you're getting to?”
“No no, not at all, just having the announcement so soon kind of makes you look attention seeking. You know I’m your friend-”
“I’m sorry, but we’re acquaintances, not friends.” she ignored me.
“Uh, well I just don’t want to see you get hurt, to a lot of people might see you as someone who might try and use this new found power to gain status. You now have the big, strong, powerful Chat Noir in your courned.”
“He’s just my boyfriend, I love him and that interview was important to him, so I went.”
“Important to him, or you?” I froze, I hate to admit it but, she had a bit of a point. “I’ll leave you now, have a good day.” she got up to leave, looking at me one last time. “Just be careful, it could end up looking like you're using him to get eyes on you, your fabulous Marinette, but a fake.” She hoisted her purse onto her shoulder and walked off.
Am I fake? I’m not a big fan of Lila, but she had a point. I thought I wouldn’t mind the public eye, but never thought if the public eye would mind me. I’m applying for the internship for Gabriel Agreste, if I was accepted, the media would know. I would be portrayed in a horrible light. I know my friends would never leave me, or would they? I trust them, and Chat, I should stop worrying about this.
For the rest of the day, the negative voice in my head gradually got louder. It was funny in an odd way, at the start of the day, it was the voice I hated the most, now, it’s the voice I agree with, and that scared me.