CH13

Molly selected the top floor button.
“You sure got a lot of fabric.” she giggled my way as the doors were closing.
“I know, I just want to start sewing a bit.” I re-adjusted how I held the fabric, my arm was starting to fall asleep a bit. I felt the lift start to rise, we stood, chatting a bit. The doors opened and we stepped out. Molly accompanied me to my room, her’s neighboring.
“Here, could you hold these for me please?” I set the fabrics in her arms so I could grab my key and enter. I unlocked the door. “Thank’s, this was fun, we should go out more!”
“I agree!.” I pushed the door open with my foot as Molly walked off to her door.
I almost set my fabric on Chat who happened to be sleeping on the couch. I walked to my room and set them on my bed, I grabbed a thin blanket and brought it back to chat, resting it over him. I turned to the counter where I saw my phone blowing up with texts and missed calls from my parents, they must have just got the news. Next to my phone was an application for interning under Gabriel Agreste which I certainly didn’t have here before. Did Chat bring it? I thought he didn’t like his father so why would he want me to apply?
I started boiling water for simple noodle soup, from a packet. Nothing special, I felt exhausted from today and didn’t feel like cooking something too fancy or anything. Chat was amazing at cooking, only over a few months had he practically mastered it. Most days, he”ll pop in while I’m working or studying and start wiping up a warm meal.
I add the contents of the packet into the bubbling water and stir. I looked over and saw chat’s nose twitched as the smell of lipton soup drifted over to him. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, looking around until his gaze landed on me.
“Morning sleeping beauty.” I call over from the small kitchen. I poured out two bowls of soup. “Sorry, this isn’t homemade or anything, but I just got home.” I set them on the table. He walked over still waking up and sat down.
“It’s alright, I’m just glad you're here, I was a bit worried when I saw you left your phone, but I trust you.” He smiled fully awake now.
“So,” I said, trying to redirect the conversation. “What’s with the application? I thought you weren’t fond of your dad?”
“You need to beat Lila!” I was taken aback at the urgency in his voice.
“I’m not arguing, she’s a lot to deal with, but why?”
“Well, I had my first run in with her and she told me she’s applying for my father's internship. That would mean I’d have to see her more than I’d like for work. Please, save me.”
I choose to play with him a bit. “No, I will not fill out this application.”
“What? Why? What did I do for you to hurt me like this? What do you want for you to do this for me?”
“I’m not filling out that one because I’ve already filled out one and submitted it last week, you know, before I knew who you were and how you didn’t like your father.”
“Thank you Marinette! I love you!”
“I’m your soulmate, you're supposed to love me!”
“Yeah I know, I do, just, you're the best!”
“Yeah, I know, now eat your soup, if something happens, you don’t want to go save lives on an empty stomach, do you?” We finished our meals in silence before my phone started ringing. I looked over and saw it was my parents.
“I should probably take that.” I grimince.
“Go ahead.” Chat said, grabbing our plates to wash. I pick up the phone and press the answer button.
“Hey mama and papa.”
“Marinette! We’ve been trying to get a hold of you?!”
“Yeah, I’m sorry, I went out and left my phone in my flat, so I’m sorry.”
“It’s okay, but why didn’t you tell us who your soulmate was?! Why did we have to find out by a lot of customers were flooding into our shop after your interview? We had no idea what was going on until Mrs. Couture showed us the interview.”
I winced “I’m sorry mom, I know I should have told you sooner.” Chat looked over, curious.
“Do you even know who he is behind the mask? What if he’s a criminal?!”
“Yes, I do, also, mom? Why would a criminal fight crime in his spare time?” Chat looked like he was trying not to laugh.
“Well, um, I don’t know, I just wish I knew.”
“Yes mom, I’m sorry.”
“Are you still coming for Christmas?”
“Yes.”
“Bring that boy with you when you come, okay.”
“We’ll see.”
“Okay, I love you dear, goodbye.”
“Love you too mom. Bye.” I heard the click of her hanging up.
“Chat?”
“Hm?” his smile still trying to contain the laughter.
“Want to meet my family this Christmas?”
“I’d like that, ever since my mom died, I haven’t celebrated Christmas properly.”
“Well, we’re going to change that then.” He had cleaned the dishes so I came over to help put them away. “So how was your day?” I ask.
We finished the dishes and went over to my bed to just sit and talk about our days.
“Well, I think you should try and reconnect with your father, it won't be easy, but try. I’m sure that it would help patch up a bit of your relationship, even if it’s not perfect.”
“That’s a good idea.” He said, pulling me towards him. We cuddled up and fell asleep there for the night.