CH14

I woke up to chat not by my side, I stepped out looking in the kitchen but he wasn’t there either. I walked back to find a note I missed on my bedside table.
‘My Dear Marinette,
I decided to take your advice and talk with my father. I’m sorry for leaving you without a goodbye, but at the time of writing this, it’s 2:15 in the morning and I didn’t want to wake you. I love you.
Love,
Chat.’
I had to reread it, making sure I had read it correctly the first time. I was a bit sad, but I’m more happy that he was going to talk with his dad.
-----

I paced back and forth in front of the study door. I finally mustered up the courage to knock. I rapped on the door and waited. ‘Oh my god, I did it! This is terrifying! Is it too late to run away?’ I was seconds from dashing to my room out of fear when the door to his study swung open.
“Adrien?”
“Yes father?” He looked relieved to hear me say ‘father.’
“I’m sorry for not being there for you. I don’t expect you to forgive me, I just wanted to say that.”
“I don’t think I’ll ever forgive you for what you did, you neglected me, that’s a form of abuse.” he looked hurt but understanding. “However,” I said, catching his attention, “I do want to try and start over. My soulmate suggested that we should try, even if it doesn't work out, it’s better than letting the problem build up to where it’s unsalvageable.” He let out a weak smile.
“Thank you.” he breathed. “Now,” he said, his smile stronger “come in to my office, I’ll have Natalie bring up some snacks, and you can tell me al about this girl of your’s.” he ushered me in and we sat on the couch together, Natalie came in with a tray of fruit, set it on the table and then left.
The room felt awkward at first before I opened my mouth. “Well, she’s very smart and is right now majoring in fashion design.” My dad nodded along. “She did apply for your internship a week ago not knowing I’m your son.”
“How did that happen?” My dad asked. Shoot, he doesn't know I’m Chat Noir.
“Well, she said that she only looks at the outfits for inspiration, not the models.”
“Oh, okay.” My dad listened intensely. He stood up and grabbed a stack of applications and set them in front of me. “Which one is she?” he asked. I flip through them until I land on Marinette’s application. My dad looked over my shoulder.
“That’s her.” I whisper.
“I thought she’s Chat Noir’s soulmate?” He asked looking at me. Way to go Adrien, how do we get out of this one? “Adrien? Is there something you’d like to tell me?”
“N-no, why do you ask?”
“Adrien, if your Chat Noir, it’s perfectly alright, but I will be more worried whenever you go out to fight.”
“Yes, I’m Chat.” I mutter, my head hanging.
“Okay, wait!” I looked over startled.
“You ran into a burning building 2 days ago!”
“Yeah?”
“Oh my gosh, fighting all of those thieves and tracking murderers and running into fire! No wonder you looked so sore for all of your shoots the day after!” I nod. “Okay, next time you do something like that, it will be difficult, but I’ll try to reschedule your shoots.”
“Thanks dad, that means a lot to me.” I give him a very awkward hug. He looked taken aback for a second before wrapping his arms around me. “Also, I need to tell you that I’m going to be with Marinette’s family for Christmas, I’m sorry.”
“It’s alright, I understand.” He smiled warmly, much unlike the smile on my birthday. A shiver was sent down my spine at the memory. I immediately pulled away. “Okay, well, I’m going to head out now. Bye” I said standing, the tray brought had been left ignored during the whole talk.
“Okay, good bye.” My dad replied as I walked out the door.