Chapter 17: Every Journey Begins With a Single Step (Final)

Alright everybody, I know it's been a hot minute since I last posted, I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me. Anyway I hope you enjoy the chapter and as always... Keep it lit.
******************************
While I was sleeping, I began to dream. I was just standing in a white void. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I quickly turned and saw Caviera, but without any face paint. I didn't know what to do or say.

Y/n: Why'd you do it?

Cav: What?

Y/n: Why'd you have to die?

Cav: To save your best friend of course.

Y/n: You both could've made it out alive, you didn't have to die for him.

Cav: Please Y/n, you weren't there, his gun was jammed, I knew how much he meant to you. I couldn't let him die, I died because he's more important to you than I am. And don't try to say otherwise.

Y/n: I just can't believe you're gone.

Cav: You can still win this, every journey begins with a single step. I know you and all of team Rainbow got it. I don't have much more time, but I need you to do me a favor.

Y/n: What is it.

She then walked up to me and spoke in my ear.

Cav: Take care of Frost for me.

I then wake up from my dream and see that the time is about 4:48 AM. I decided what to do. I put on my combat clothes and a leather jacket over it. I grabbed my sawed-off shotgun and strapped it to my back and put my pistol in its holster. I then left a note on my nightstand that read:

To anyone reading this,
I have left the base to finish this fight. If I have not returned within two weeks, may I remain in your hearts. Don't try to look for me.

- Y/n L/n (The Stampede)

I went outside the base and hopped on Bandit's motorcycle and rode off as the sun was rising. I kept thinking the same in my head. I. Will. Not. Fail.

******************************

Alright everybody, that is the end of the story, but do not worry, because I decided to make this a series. I don't know how many parts there's gonna be, but we will see The Stampede again in the next story. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this story, let me know what you think, if I made any mistakes, both grammar and anything else, just deal with it. That's all everybody. Have a good day/night and as always... Keep it lit.