Chapter 16: Like A River Over Stone

Hey guys it's me. Once again thanking you guys for all the support. Enjoy the chapter, let me know what you think. Have a great day/night. And as always... Keep it lit.

I just couldn't take it all in. The playing of the bagpipes, every operator hanging their head low and crying. I just couldn't help but cry myself.

[Time Skip]

After the funeral for Cav and Sledge, me and Roger went to our dorm and I broke down. I was beginning to feel the way I felt since my mom died. I was punching the wall, breaking things. Roger grabbed me and set me down on the bed.

Roger: Calm the hell down, man.

Y/n: How can I? When a fellow soldier died to save us, and my girlfriend died and I couldn't save her? It's my fault she's gone.

Roger: No it's not. It's mine.

Y/n: How?

Roger: BECAUSE SHE DIED TRYING TO SAVE ME!!

Y/n: What?

Roger: She shielded me from a bullet, saving my life. And do you want to know why she did that?

Y/n: Why did she?

Roger: She told me that she forgives me, for being one of them, and she told me that I was more important to you than her. I felt so much guilt after that.

Y/n: I still get over it. I'm just so angry about it.

Roger: There was something that an old friend once told me. You got to take those thoughts and get over them like a river over stone.

Y/n: Like a river over stone...

I took a couple deep breaths and relaxed myself, then I felt myself at ease.

Roger: Is that better?

Y/n: Yeah... I'll be right back.

Roger: Alright, where're you going?

Y/n: To go talk to Frost.

[Timeskip]

I knocked on Frost's door and waited. I heard Frost's voice on the other side.

Frost: Who is it...

Y/n: It's me...

A couple minutes later she opens the door. I could tell she's been crying.

Y/n: Can I come in?

She nods.

I walk in and she closes the door behind her. I take a seat on the couch and bury my face in my hands.

Frost: How you feeling, Y/n? (Note: In the beginning of the story, Y/n has only told Frost his real name)

Y/n: It's uhh... It's been a journey. These past several months. You guys find me, I save one of my idols, I get in my first relationship, I find out my long lost friend was working for the other side. And then two of my fellow soldiers are gone.

Frost: I know how you feel.

She then sat down next to me and leaned closed to me. I was starting to feel uneasy. She then gave me a hug.

Frost: Don't worry, we can get through this together.

She then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

[Timeskip, because I'm lazy]

It was 10:00 PM, and I got back to my dorm, Rod was there with Ela. I greeted them both.

Ela: Are you okay?

Y/n: Yes I'm okay, just a little sad at the moment.

Ela got up and gave me a hug.

Ela: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Y/n: Thank you, I'm going to bed now. And Roger...

Roger: ...

Y/n: If you're going to do what I think you're going to do with Ela, don't wake me up.

******************************
Alright, I'm gonna end that here, once again I'm sorry for the wait, things have been going on in my life. I hope you enjoyed the chapter, if I made any mistakes, just keep it to yourself, I don't need to hear it. Anyway, have a good day/night. And as always... Keep it lit.