𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟑𝟗

Start from the beginning

Anakin had always told her these weapons were her life. She felt unsettled having to hand over her lightsabers to the clones, even if they were Republic soldiers. "Is that necessary?" Ahsoka questioned, trying to sound polite. She shifted her weight on her feet. 

The clone nodded and extended a prompting hand for her lightsabers. Ahsoka frowned and glanced towards Commander Fox, who was watching her with a frown of his own, before she reluctantly handed her two lightsabers over to the clone. 

In return, the door leading to the prison cells hissed open, and Ahsoka gave the clone a grim smile in thanks before she walked through the door into the hallway. Commander Fox led her to Letta's cell, and he tapped in a code before the door clicked unlocked. 

He swung it open for her, and Ahsoka stepped inside. "Letta Turmond, correct?" Ahsoka said in greeting as the woman glanced over at Ahsoka from where she was sitting on a bench, leaned against the metal wall. 

Letta straightened and swung her legs down to the metal floor from where they'd been perched on the bench. "Are you Ahsoka Tano?" Letta inquired in response, and Ahsoka nodded. 

"You told General Katarn you would only speak to me?" Ahsoka questioned as she took a few more steps into the prison cell. 

Letta nodded. "I was uncertain of General Katarn's... loyalty to the Republic." 

A crease formed between Ahsoka's eyes as she frowned in confusion. "I can assure you the general is very loyal to the Republic and the Jedi Order." She crossed her arms over her chest as she continued, "I hope you are not insinuating that she was the one who told ordered the bombing of the Jedi Temple because that would be incorrect." 

Letta nodded and said, "Of course. General Katarn was not the one who ordered the bombing, but I wanted to speak to you." She gave Ahsoka a pointed look as if Ahsoka should understand the hidden meaning behind her words. 

Ahsoka's frown deepened as the confusion whirling inside her grew in intensity. From behind her, she could sense Commander Fox's growing doubt, though she was unsure what could be making the clone commander doubtful.

"Well, you're speaking to me," Ahsoka said uncertainly. "So, why don't you tell me who was behind this plot." 

Letta's gaze moved behind Ahsoka to Commander Fox before her eyes flicked back to Ahsoka's face. "I was hoping we could get a little more privacy." 

"I am afraid that is not possible--" Commander Fox began to protest. 

But Ahsoka turned towards the clone and said, "Let Letta and me speak alone for just a few minutes." She gave the commander a hard stare, and Commander Fox's throat bobbed before he nodded. 

"Fine." 

He turned and stepped out of the room, and Ahsoka turned back to Letta. Ahsoka couldn't help her flinch at the sound of the door slamming closed behind her with a loud bang. She glanced over her shoulder at the closed door, and she suddenly felt very trapped. 

Which was ridiculous, really. She was free to come and go whenever she pleased. 

Ahsoka turned back to Letta and began, "Now, tell me. Who was this person who told you to feed the nano droids to your husband?"