9

Hope.

....................................

I rushed down the halls remembering where the elevator was, pressing the keys and impatiently waiting for it to arrive. I tapped my foot scanning my surroundings, hoping not to run into Ren after our little scenario.

The machine made a "ding" and the two panels hissed open revealing a couple storm troopers who marched straight out of the elevator paying me no mind. I slid into the space and pressed which level the dining hall was on.

I had so much excitement building up, too much, I'd more than likely be disappointed, but I apparently loved torturing myself for some unknown reason.

The panels slid open once more, a few generals waiting outside. I quickly saluted them and rushed out, causing a head or two to turn. The walls stared to look more and more familiar, and then, there it was.

I saw the doorway and cautiously stepped towards it, fear suddenly hitching at my breath. What if they really forgot about me?? Would they care if I had actually disappeared? Surely they were a little distraught...right?

I sucked in a large breath and stepped through the threshold. scanning the room filled with exhausted and angsty soldiers and pilots. I checked in the direction of where our table was, and surely enough, strawberry blonde hair stuck out of the crowd.

I smiled to myself and hurried towards the group. Sparks's and Rufus's back's we're facing me. Just before I could get into arms length, the fork Romeo was holding fell from his fingers, clashing with his tray. His mouth was gaping open in shock "holy shit."

Bones gave a quick side glare to Romeo before following his gaze towards me, eyes wide and mouth parting open as well.

"W-what?" Sparks cautiously questioned begin her to shift herself to face behind her, Rufus following.

She looked at me like I had just blown up the med bay, she looked horrified. I then noticed the bags under her eyes and puffiness surrounding them. She didn't look like Sparks.

Her eyebrows titled and a look of awe took over her expression as she jumped up and suffocated me with her embrace. I was so overwhelmed with relief, I squeezed her back, holding on to her like the floor would shatter at any moment.

The guys had already stood up and began to make their way to us. Romeo and Bones joined in on our reunion, shaking me to make sure I was real. I looked up at the mountainous bookworm and smiled. He didn't give me a chance to react before he wrapped his huge arms around all of us, squeezing us with his unnatural amount of strength. We all whined and laughed at his rare gesture of emotion.

"Hey kiddo" he said, releasing us and rubbing his hand on my head, purposely messing up my hair. I chuckled and slapped his hand away.

"What the hell happened to you?! And what's this??!" Romeo gasped and pulled away, gawking at the bandage over my eye.

"i- a lot." I looked at him sincerely and noticed Sparks was still clutching on to me. I looked down and she raised her head to look at me, tears poured down her face, she looked so upset.

My lips parted, surprised by her range of emotion. Why did I ever doubt her care, of course she was worried!

"I thought they would just put you on Janitor duty for a few days and take away some of your achievement credits, but day after day went by and no one saw or heard anything of you...I stared to think they just shot you out into space without remorse." she was stuttering the whole time, sniffling her flushed face.