7

I turned around to find the man himself looking at me like I were a scared child.

....................................

I stayed still, waiting for him to make the first move. Was he upset that I touched the books? I mean, I suppose I could've just sat and waited for his arrival, but I've never been one to stay still.

I opened my mouth to explain, but he beat me to it.

"These are your new quarters, mind that what is given can be taken."

I gently nodded, mouth closing shut. I then noticed the folded set of attire in his left grip. He tossed them at me suddenly, causing me to jump before they landed in my palms.

"Training attire, tomorrow at 0700 hours." and with that, he turned on his heel and headed straight for the door.

"Wh-, wait!" I huffed as the door shut before my words could reach him.

I turned to face the ginormous room again. I gently set the training clothes down on the table in the living area, making my way to the washroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, fingers gently grazing over the bandage on my eye. I looked down more attentively at the counter this time, and mixed in with the routinely essentials were my eye drops and ointment.

I used my common sense and decided to wait till after I bathed to apply the medicines. I gently reached for the knot tied behind my head, laced my fingers through the wraps, slowly loosening them.The bandage began the slide off my eye.

I paused for a moment before I allowed it to reveal my new appearance. I let my my grip go of the wraps, and the cloth gracefully fell to the floor.

I stared at the markings on my eye. Veins poked through the skin, emerging from my eyelid, stripped from any sign of blood flow.

I knitted my brow. Why are there scars around the eye?? Once I had moved in from the outer rim of my eye, I noticed the iris. It was silver and grey, drained of its original hazel green color, and replaced with a ghostly appearance.

My finger tips stroked the markings surrounding my eye. I'd be lying if i said I despised the way it looked. For some reason it gave me pride. It reminded me of how it came to be. Sure it was awfully painful, but I got it for defending myself and fighting for my dignity. It reflected who I was, and I was proud that I would have to carry it for the remainder of my time.

I moved the sore eyelid slowly up and down adjusting it, but it wasn't growing more comfortable. I still needed a week or 2 before I exposed it to bright lighting on a daily basis.

I turned to the dramatically sized shower and reached for the knobs to turn on the water. I slowly walked in, adjusting to the temperature. While massing the shampoo into my scalp, I had noticed the mark Vex left on me had faded a bit, as well as the bruises that covered my stomach and legs from those pigs.

After I had finished bathing, I wrapped myself up in a towel and returned back to the sink. I began apply my ointment and eye drops, then started searching the drawers, till I found bandage wraps. After I was done freshening up, I exited the washroom and stopped dead in my tracks.

I squinted my eyes at the small, dark lump laying at the end of the bed. I cautiously walked towards it, the lump slowly forming into a folded nightgown. Once I was within reach of it, I felt the silky black material and gripped it with both palms, raising it to unfold.

The nightgown was onyx and had small accents of lace along the neckline and bottom trim. Maybe it was already here before I took a shower, and I just didn't notice it?? Yeah, let's go with that for now.

I dropped the towel tightly wrapped around me and stepped into the gown. The silk clung to my hips and defined my figure, leaving room to be comfortable in. Usually i'd wear my underclothes from my TIE pilot armor to sleep, we didn't really own pajamas of any sort.

I hung the towel up in the washroom and made my way back over to the bed. I lifted the folded sheets and slid myself into their comfort. Hopefully i'd manage to get some rest now in this new environment.

....................................

2 hours in, and I still laid in the dark, welcoming sleep to take me away. But it never came. My mind wandered, searching for distraction.

I stumbled upon a presence, a drained presence. Occupied with something else, it hadn't sensed me yet. Then I heard a voice. It seemed overwhelmed, communicating with something else. The other voice silenced it, leaving the original presence noticing me.

And then a feeling swarmed around me like a blanket, easing me into a peaceful state.

....................................