8

"I want that one!" Sparks shouted, finger accusing the sky.

I softly chuckled and shifted my head towards her. She looked back at me with approval.

"Go ahead, take it." I assured her.

"Yess!"

"As long as I get that one." I raised my finger pointing towards a blinking one.

Sparks looked at me with a slight expression of disgust. "That one? But it's dying..."

I lowered my hand, eyes still lingering on the flickering star.

"Well, all stars are dying... they're kind of like people. They shine so bright just before they lose everything. And by the time the light is gone for good, it's entirely too late to save them..." I trailed off.

Sparks didn't respond, instead giving me a side glance and looking back up to the sky, my words sinking in.

"Let's both pick out a star." I suggested in attempt to change the dulled mood I had caused. "Ok!" She beamed.

A few moments passed, and I secretly let Sparks do all the scavenging. She seemed to enjoy it too much that I'd rather watch than budge in.

Her eyes lit up when she spotted the 'perfect' one. "This one!" she exclaimed. I leaned towards her looking down her arm where her finger pointed. My eyes caught a bright steady light. It was a good star.

"Perfect." I assured her.

"Our Star." Sparks held out her pinkie for me to take. I smiled to myself, hooking my pinkie around hers, sealing the vow.
....................................

My eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the lighting in the room. I outreached my arms and legs letting them loosen from my slumber, slightly arching my back. I gently rubbed my left eye and assured myself the bandage was still secure on the other.

Wow. I cant I remember ever sleeping that well. Hm, maybe it's the bed.

I pulled the sheets off of me, hanging my legs off the edge of the bed. A shiver ran down my spine as my feet met with the floor, my half bare legs adjusting to the cold atmosphere.

I hugged my bare arms, "It's freezing in here."

I looked over to the bedside table at the holopad device. The clock read "7:07." My mind stirred up the memory of Kylo saying to meet him for training at "7:00," and i'm pretty positive he isn't a patient man.

"Shit."

I quickly rushed out of the bed towards the living area, snatching up the training attire. I ripped off the nightgown letting it fall the the floor, quickly urging the black legging-like pants up my legs.

The remainder of the attire were leather wrist gauntlets, a black turtle neck shirt, and knee high leather boots. I topped it all off by pulling my platinum hair into a low ponytail.

I busted through the doors of my quarters and was surprised at the lack of stormtroopers guarding my cell. I suppose the Commander ordered them away? Whatever, right now I needed to figure out where the training room was.

Why couldn't he not be a dramatized man for one second, and given me more thorough directions and maybe I wouldn't be lost and late.

I quickly made the decision to go left out of the corridor, rounding a corner or two. By the time I maneuvered around my 4th corner, I had collided into sturdy object.

I loudly gasped, my wrist was in the clutch of Kylo Ren, and I dared to meet the gaze of his mask, feeling the anger radiating off of him.

"Late." he seethed through the mask.