Chapter Eighteen- The Last Verse.

This chapter is back into Christophers perspective 

My night with Adrian was fun, I had forgotten about all the awful torments he's committed. One of the best parts was I didn't feel like his crush anymore, he must have had a realization that moving on quickly was the best option for him. After our two hour session, I headed back home. Luckily, my Mom has been doing a good job of keeping alcohol-free. But currently, I was starving, and it was time to get some food in my belly. 

"Bye Adrian!" 

"Bye Chris, thanks for your help." 

"No problem, see you at school" I smiled at him and went out of his ginormous bedroom and took the trail out the front door. Nothing truly interesting happened until I got home...

"Mom, are you okay? Mom, listen to me." As I walked in my heart was shattered. The moments of life became valuable to me in an instant. 

"Come on, get up Mom. Why aren't you responding?...LISTEN to me!" My mom was drunk, this was the worst it's been she wasn't breathing. Alcohol poisoning, great, she'd drunk so much in so little time that she's incoherent. Why did I want to leave her on the couch to watch her suffer? God, I'm an awful person.

"Mom, grab my hand if you can hear me, okay?" Nothing, she's not dead though. It must be some sort of coma all I know is at this moment I was doing absolutely nothing to help her. I can't just sit here and watch as much as my screwed up little brain wants to, I can't.

Me: "Hello? 911, I have an emergency, I'm not too sure if it's major, well, yes it's major. I just need an ambulance. Wait, I'm sorry. Do you know if when someone in a coma if you should just drive them to the hospital or should I get an ambulance? I'm new at this whole dial 911 when there's a real emergency." 

Operator: "Sir, I'm going to need you to slow down and tell me what's going on? Should I contact an ambulance for you?" 

Me: "I'm sorry, this is a bit nerve-racking. When I came home my mother was on the couch passed out and she's not responding. There's plenty of evidence this is alcohol poisoning, yes just send an ambulance!"

Operator: "Alright they are soon to be on their way. I've tracked your cornets and they will be there soon. Would you like to stay on the line?"

Me: "No, thank you." 

After that I've hung up the phone, I wasn't sure if she would hang up or if I should so I was the bigger person and did it. The trailer was silent which was a usual thing but I had gotten out of routine when my dad came, it's only been a few weeks and she's already back to drinking. Who to call first, my girlfriend, or my dad. My girlfriend...sorry, not sorry dad. 

Me: "Hey Rose, hope you're not busy. An extravagant carriage is about to come to my house."

Emery: "Chris, It's 11 pm. I love you and all but I also REALLY like sleep...goodnight."

Me: "Wait, Em."

Emery: "What?" 

Me: I sigh loudly, this information was heavy. Hard to partake alone so sharing with emery was my choice..."When I got home from my tutoring session my mom was on the couch. For a split second, I thought she was passed out, like usual. But she wasn't breathing. I'm pretty sure that it was alcohol poisoning...there's a lot of empty wine and beer bottles on the ground. SO I just need you to come with me, please." 

Emery: "I'll be there as soon as possible." 

End of the phone call, great, onto the next. I've never been on the phone for more than 10 minutes well, I'm not counting the yearly calls from your relatives that you don't even remember on Christmas. Anyway off to call my dad who most likely has forgotten about coming to my birthday.