Chapter Seven- Suspended

As I sat down I felt a sudden nerve ensue me, my head was reeling from the fight and blood was running down my face and my arms. I twiddled my thumbs nervously but didn't say a word it was silent for a long moment but didn't make me anymore scared than I was. "Chris, I am so extremely disappointed that you are in my office for this exact reason." I interrupted her "What did Adrian tell you?" She looks at me with sad eyes and that made me a bit nervous so I looked down at my pants and rubbed my hands on them because they were so sweaty. "He told me the truth Chris, he told me that you started and ended the fight." I quickly blurted out "What" looking up and feeling frantic. "Chris, I'm afraid this can lose you your scholarship," I ran my hand through my hair grabbing it tightly a couple of times "You mean...you mean...I can't go here anymore?" She paused "We can find a way for you to still be able to come but it'll be so limited. Why did you do what you did Chris?" I looked at the window and got a sudden flash of a flashback.

                                                                                 ***Flashback***

                        I was walking in the hallways freshman year, swimming class had just started. I walked into the locker room happy because I had an amazing best friend and an amazing girlfriend. The day was going so well, I walked into the locker room seeing my best friend Adrian. I walked over to him "Adrian, what's up! How've you been?" He looked a bit hesitant but not so much that I would question it, "Oh, nothing much bro." He slapped me on the back and then we changed for swimming class, we walked out together just talking about some things. I got distracted by Mckenzie Mcwood which was my girlfriend at the time.

                   The swimming coach walked out wearing a white polo and red shorts with a whistle around his neck. He scribbled something on his clipboard and blew his whistle "Alright ladies, we are working on diving today. No excuses let's get to it," he called role and released us to do our own thing for the remainder of the class time. I would do a few dives and then talk to Adrian and Mckenzie, class ended and we went back to the locker room to get changed back into our school clothes. I started to walk out and went outside of the classroom/pool, I noticed that Adrian wasn't behind me so I turned back into the classroom.

                      When I turned back into the classroom I remember the state of shock I felt. I mean come on I finally trust someone with something and now they're kissing my girlfriend. I honestly didn't know what to do as I stood in the doorway watching them kiss. I walked out and broke up with Mckenzie the next day, she acted like she did nothing wrong but she didn't know I saw them. Later on in the day, I confronted Adrian but get this he didn't give a crap about what he had done. Does he claim he 'saved her life.' ¨Saved her life? You were kissing her when I walked back in to walk with you to our next class! I don't think to save her life is how I would phrase it.¨ I shouted but slowly went to a whisper as people in the hallway started staring at us, you would think he felt sorry. News flash he didn ́t, he walked off shrugging his shoulders and acting like nothing ever happened. Ever since then he's hated me.

                                                                            ***End of flashback***

                The principle waved her hand in front of my face because I had zoned out. "Chris," she yelled in my face. "Uh sorry," I come back to realize where I am. "To be quite honest I and Adrian have had a grudge against each other ever since freshman year. I let my emotions get the best of e and I shouldn't have. I'm sorry, but please I can't get suspended this school is one of the many good things I have right now...I won't be able to come back if I do get suspended because y scholarship would also be taken away. I know what I did was wrong but please Mrs. Shudder it won't happen again." I sounded like I was pleading yet you could hear the sad emotion behind my voice. My voice was slowly cracking with every word trying not to burst into tears from the physical pain I was in and the fact that I could not go to school because of some stupid fight. She looked at me with sad eyes and in an almost whispering tone, "I'm sorry Chris, I cannot bend the rules for one student. I'm afraid you'll have to be suspended for the next three weeks. Even if that means you may not come back, I must revoke your scholarship." I looked down at my hands with watery eyes, "I understand." I get up from the office chair and mumble "Thank you." My fist clenched as I ached with pain as the words that she said ran in my head "Although you may never come back.¨

               I walked out of the office putting on a fake smile and sitting next to Emery in the office chair, she was sitting around 15 chairs away from Adrian so I assumed by now they have broken up. ̈ ̈Hey,̈ she whispered as I sat down in the chair on her right-hand side. ̈ ̈Hey,̈ I whispered back putting my arm on the back of her chair. ̈ ̈What ́do you figure out?¨ She asked in a nervous tone and looking into my eyes with her eyes drooping. Her tone got louder with every word she spoke as if she knew it wouldn't be good. ̈ ̈Let's talk about this outside,̈ I glare at Adrian who was trying to eavesdrop in our conversation. We walked out of the office going outside towards a nearby bench that sat next to a large fountain our school had bought even when it probably didn't fit into budgets. We sat down on the bench and stared at the fountain for a while, "I'm guessing you're suspended?" I look over at her with a sad glare in my bruised eye that felt swollen, "Yeah, that means I most likely won't be able to come back to this school." She looked kinda shocked "No," she turned to me yelling, "It's just a suspension Chris, that means you'll only be gone for a little while but you're able to come back." I placed my hands on top of hers and gripped them tightly with mine, "I'm afraid that's not the case, I won't be able to afford this dump. I got here with a scholarship that they'll take away, I shouldn't have done what I did." She squeezed my hands back tightly and I saw her eyes water, I moved my hand to tuck her hair behind her ear. "Hey, it'll be okay I promise." I try to say with a brave voice. She looked at me with a small smile sending a message that she understood.

               We sat on the bench for a while staring at the fountain and all of its pennies in it. She got off the bench rather quickly like she had a bright brilliant idea of reasoning. She started to walk off and didn't say a word to me ¨Where are you going?¨ I questioned yet she was too far to hear my voice. So there I sat alone, on a bench watching Emery walk near the office wondering what would happen next to me? I finally decided to get up and go after her but, it was too late she was already in the office. I didn't go in the doors I was technically not supposed to be at school at all anymore for 3 weeks. I sat outside the door with my back on the door and my hands clasping my hair. I tried to listen to what Emery was telling the principle but all I could hear were whispers through the door. I knew she would try to do something to keep me at this school, I just wish she realized it's not worth it. What I did was my fault and she shouldn't try to protect my mistakes.

        About 30 minutes later I was still sitting outside the doors of the office. Only being able to hear the mumbles of what sounded like a serious conversation. All I could wonder is what trouble I had gotten into, I just wondered what could be going on inside.

                                                                                    To be continued....