Chapter Eight- Cracking the code

This chapter will be in Emery's perspective.

                When I was sitting on the bench with Chris, I then realized something. There would have to be away that I could talk to the principle to figure out some way for him to stay at this school. I wasn't going to ask for him to be un-suspended obviously that was well deserved on his part. Honestly, I'm not sure what has gotten into me, I'm usually quite tentative when it comes to this sort of thing. I felt a bit nervous as I walked toward the principle's office especially since I knew Chris would follow after me and attempt to eavesdrop into our conversation. All I could hope is that the doors would be heavy enough you could only hear mumbles.

             I had probably been in the office for a good 30 minutes still continuing to find any way possible to keep Chris at the school. The conversation went a bit like this, I walked into the office with a certain urge that appeared as rage. "Miss, I know it's not exactly my place but is there a way Chris can remain at this school? I get your position of suspending him, but ma'am do you know why he did it?" She looked at me with a raised eyebrow kinda motioning me to sit down in the chair across from her desk. "He explained the situation between him and Adrian," she commented. "No.." I interrupted, "He probably didn't explain this part of it, he was just trying to protect me. I know this isn't any of your business yet you probably don't care but I betrayed him and he was upset with me. He had every right to be mad at me Mrs. Shudder...¨ She cut me off quickly ¨Emery, I understand your concern but, the rules will not be bent. Please make your way out of the office, Miss. Baker.¨ I slowly walked toward the office door and made my way out. I didn't even notice that Chris was sitting against the wall next to the door. I wondered if he heard once I found out he was sitting there. I continued to walk further not noticing Chris.

                 ¨Emery, wait!¨ I heard a voice call after me faintly. Something in me wanted to start to walk faster but I didn't I waited to turn around and saw Chris. I forgot how scratched up his face was from the fight and noticed the almost dry blood around his eyes. I smiled a little but was still upset at him for defending me when I should've. I was thankful though, what if he hadn't been there, and I did nothing to stop Adrian? He ran up to me finally catching up, ¨Why the heck did you go in there?"He questioned and we started to walk to his car that was left at the school. ¨You fought my fight, what'd you expect me to do? Sit back and be happy that you might not come back to school." He hit me on the arms teasingly, ¨I never said that. Thank you,¨ I smiled looking over at him ¨Anytime...wanna go back to my house? I could help you get cleaned up from your fight.¨ We got to his car and he let me into the passenger seat walking around the car getting into the driver's seat he said, "I would appreciate that." He smiled over at me and he started to drive towards my house.

                         After the short drive to my house, we arrived. Before we got out of the car he put on sunglasses, which didn't make sense for going into the house. I didn't question it we got out of the car and headed home, my mother and father were waiting for me in the kitchen. I didn't realize how late it was. I walked in seeing my parents and they noticed Chris walking right behind me in a pair of shades. "Emery," my dad said calling me over to him and taking me into our guest room to see what was happening. When I got into the guest room I was trying to listen to what my mom was saying. "Chris," she said in a very happy tone. She kept insisting that he took his sunglasses off and he kept refusing. I finally realized why he wouldn't take them off, he wanted to hide the black eye and blood that was given to him in the fight. He finally took off the sunglasses and I could tell by my mom's reaction, "You poor thing what happened?" She questioned, I wasn't sure of what was going on in the other room. My dad just questioned where we were and why I was home so late. After I explained everything we both walked out into the kitchen.