Chapter Six- Confrontation

I looked off into the distance as Emery sat down. "Why does love hurt so bad? Emery, you told me you loved me but you lied, you lied! I thought you cared, I thought you were different from everyone else. Why would you do this to me, I...why would you do this?" She grabbed my hand and placed it on her hand "I'm sorry, I didn't know I would hurt you so badly. When I told you I loved you I didn't know that you loved me 'like that". "What do you mean 'LIKE THAT' how blind are you, Emery." I turned to her grabbing her hands as I almost screamed but couldn't because I didn't want to cause her any pain. She sniffled and held my hand tightly, it was a truly deadly grip. "I can't hurt you, Chris. I do love you but I'm so lost, I know none of this makes sense but I thought Adrian was what my heart needed or wanted. I was wrong Chris, all I wanted was you." She looked back up at me and smiled and rested her head on my shoulder.

             I ran my hand up and down her back to let her know I still cared about her, "I still don't understand" I said in a confused tone. "What do you mean," she replied quickly, "Why are you still dating him if you came here to confess to me."  She put her hand on my thigh, "Because, I was lost. I was in an endless nothingness, but now I'm here, aren't I?" "Yeah," I kissed the top of her head and just let my arms hold her trying to be as strong and brave for her as I could. Am I really what she wants? This thought just kept floating in my head as we sat in the park. We stayed there for a long while, just sitting there, no words, no anything. The day was so still yet so beautiful. We finally left the park and I walked her home, I walked home after I dropped her off in a much better mood than I would've if she hadn't come and talked to me. The rest of the night was quiet and un-exciting.

                  In the morning, I got ready for school putting on black torn jeans and a white shirt. I put a little gel in my hair to try and tame it. I had realized I left my car back at school, I darted out the door to Emery's throwing my bag over my shoulders. I got to Emery's and then we walked to school together. It was about a 30-minute walk so we were a bit late for school, the time flew by as we walked past the trees and cars. I hadn't realized that she didn't break up with Adrian yet because when we got to school she ran up to him jumping into his arms for a hug. Even though we had a heart to heart at the park, she didn't seem to care. I thought that she would've already broken up with him, I walked exasperated to my next class.

                   Emery didn't even go to lunch with me she decided her dumbass boyfriend was more important than me. I think I'm way more bewildered than her right now, why hadn't she broken up with him by now? I mean it's lunchtime! It's almost been a full twenty-four hours, she said it herself she doesn't love him. I decided to move on with my life until after school I saw them together in the parking lot. He was pushing her against the brick wall holding her wrist tightly, to me it seemed like Emery was more in pain than enjoying the moment. I was trying to do everything not to go over to them and stop it, I stayed there for a while thinking maybe it's fine. I couldn't repress much longer, the force released me and next that you know I was over there. I was volunteering myself for a fight, why did I walk over? I have no idea, all I know is I was in deep trouble with Adrian now.

                     After letting my thoughts pass I pushed Adrian off of Emery. I instantly regretted this when he grabbed me by the shirt and held me against the wall. He hit the back of my head against the brick wall a couple of times causing it to bleed a bit. Emery wasn't sure what to do she would yell at him to stop and she was crying her eyes out. He put my shirt down and I took a deep breath finally being able to breathe a decent amount of oxygen. He punched me in the face a couple of times later causing me to have a black eye, my face was bleeding. I felt hopeless like I walked up to him and said: "PUNCH ME!!!" I fell to the concrete ground with my back against the brick and just stared at him kinda begging him to stop with my eyes. He looked down at me and squatted to get on my level, "Feel hopeless now, Moore?" I moved my leg behind his squatting knee and kicked it causing him to fall on the ground. "You wish," I remarked and punched him in his face. I continued from there, we took turns wrestling with each other. I was way more hurt than him yet I did get the last hit before the principle walked out. We hadn't noticed but Emery went and got the principle to break us up, the only reason we realized this is because she walked out with him when he told us to stop. We shoved each off of us as we stood up, my legs were wobbly and my faces ached. Then we followed the principle to his office Emery stood between us so we didn't cause any more commotion.

                      We got to the principles office and Adrian went inside first, I wondered what fake story he would tell him. Even though this fight was after school hours it would still get us in trouble since we were on the property. I sat in a green chair with wood on the outside next to Emery, we didn't say much but she did offer me an ice pack which I gladly took. It was a gnawing pain, continuously causing me pain. It stung as soon as I out the ice on my face, my hand tightened as I did. Emery moved her hand on mine intertwining our fingers together "Squeeze my hand if it hurts, okay?" A couple of times I would squeeze her hand tighter, I got apprehensive as Adrian walked out of the doors with a bright smile. I pulled my hand away from Emery's and wiped it on my shirt that had bloodstains on it. My palms were sweaty and my whole body was shaking. Adrian sat 5 chairs away from Emery then the principle stuck his head out from her office "Moore, come in." She called and walked back in sitting in her supper fancy chair. I walked into the office closing the doors behind me sitting across from her desk.

                                                                             To Be Continued.....