Chapter 20

"No." Sheriff Stilinski glared at Stiles and I as we walked into his office.

"Dad. Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico." Stiles stressed.

"Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this..."

"Yeah."

"The best thing to do is go through the proper channels."

"Dad..."

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, I just can't wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay?" Stiles sighed.

"Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them." I spoke up.

"I'm going."

"I can keep you from going. Both of you." Stilinski crossed his arms over his chest.

"We'll find a way." I nodded.

"I can throw you in a cell."

"We'd still find a way." Stiles persisted.

"Stiles, Ashlyn, please." Stilinski rubbed a hand down his face. "Just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" He looked up at us. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?"

"Okay, okay, great." Stiles nodded. "Do I get a gun?" I looked at him wide eyed.

"No." Both the Sheriff and I shook our heads.

*****

Liam and I were sitting downstairs at Scott's house while Stiles was helping Malia catch a scent to find Scott. Liam had showed up shortly after we got here. 

"Oh! Liam, go home." Stiles snapped as soon as he walked down the stairs with Malia following him.

"You're not coming with us." Malia added.

"Why not? Because it's a full moon?" Liam asked.

"And I don't feel like driving all the way down to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out." Stiles squinted his eyes.

"You can lock me up, right? Chain me down to the backseat or something?"

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" I spoke up, flashing back to the lake house. It's not that I don't want him to come. I want him safe. And safe is here right now.

"Yeah, we would have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there." Stiles agreed.

"Okay, then where do we get carbonite?" Liam asked.

"Seriously, you haven't seen it either?" Stiles rolled his eyes. I'm guessing he's talking about Star Wars. He turned around and walked towards the door.

"Wait!" Liam yelled. "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"You'd get out of that, too." Malia sighed.

"Liam, you've been a werewolf all of five minutes." Stiles sassed.

"You don't have to do this." I sighed.

"I know I don't, but I want to. There's gotta be bigger chains, a bigger trunk or something. There has to be."

"Maybe there is." Stiles took his phone out and called someone as we went out to the cars.

I drove Liam and Stiles drove Malia where we met up with Braedon and Derek in a warehouse. I haven't seen Derek in a while. Braedon pulled up in a black prison transport van.