Chapter 17

Scott took Liam, while I followed, to his house. When we got there, I got a text from Stiles telling me all of the events that happened. From them finding out that the recent dead pool list was a list of people already dead, Brunski, the mean orderly from Eichen House tried to kill them both when they went poking around. Now, Lydia is at the station while Stiles is in the hospital. Brunski punched him and gave him a concussion. A lot of crappy things happened tonight, wow.

Scott jumped up from the couch with phone in hand. "Kira found Brett. They're fine but we've got to go. Someone tried to kill him and his sister."

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"They're after Brett and his pack now. Kira has been following them all night to keep them safe. She has them at the animal clinic right now."

"More assassins?" Liam asked.

"Maybe a lot more."

"Different than then ones who just tried to set us on fire?"

"I think so, yeah." Scott then really looked at him. Liam looked scared. "How about I take you home?"

"I'm not like you."

"Not yet."

"I don't mean I'm not strong or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends try to protect everyone. Have you been like this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

"Not all of us are." I sniffled and looked down at my feet. Rest in Peace, Allison.

"Let me at least take you home." Scott offered.

"I'll take him home." I smiled slightly.

Scott nodded at me then turned to leave his house. Liam and I followed behind and got into my car. The whole way to Liam's house, he didn't speak. When we pulled up to his house... he just sat there.

"You okay?" I reached over and touched his arm, he flinched.

"Yeah... yeah, I'm okay." He nodded slightly.

"You sure?"

"Um... would you mind staying with me for a bit? Just keep my company for a while?"

"Uh..."

"I understand if you don't want to. J - just forget I asked." He made a move to get out of my car.

I grabbed his arm. "I never said I didn't want to. What will your parents say if they find me here late at night?"

"They should be fast asleep by now."

I nodded and got out of the car. Liam unlocked his front door and we creeped upstairs into his room. Which looked like a regular teenage boy's room. Posters everywhere, homework sprawled out on the desk, slightly messy but not too much.

"Make yourself at home." Liam sat down on his computer chair.

I took the opportunity to lay down on his bed. Which was very comfortable. Way more comfortably than mine, no fair. My eyes started to droop but I forced them open.

"You know, Liam. You can tell me anything." I said as I rolled over onto my stomach and propped myself up on my elbows.

"I know." He knitted his eyebrows together. "But a few months ago, I was introduced to something that I wasn't ready for. And it downright scares me."

"That's understandable. You should have seen Scott when he first got bit. It was bad." Shaking my head and smiling. "Stiles tried to help him have control over his powers. So by trying to help, he lobbed Lacrosse balls at Scott to see if he could control how angry he got." I laughed out loud.

"Really?"

"Yes. It's not easy for anyone in the beginning."

Liam sighed."You and Stiles..."

"Stiles and I what?" I asked.

"It seems like you like each other."

"No. He is dating Malia."

"Do you like him?"

"When we were dating, I did." I rubbed my forehead and nodded. My chest squeezing a little.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Liam frowned.

"No, it's fine. That relationship ran it's course. I don't have feelings for him anymore." Even though I sounded sure, my stomach still did a flip.

"So... who do you like?" He stood up and walked over to the bed, kneeling on the ground in front of me.

"That is a secret." I smirked.

"Oh, come on. Tell me."

"Who do you like?" I tried to change the subject. Even though I already knew the answer, since Mason told me.

"You really want to know?"

I nodded. Liam looked down at his hands then back up to me. He looked nervous. I noticed him start to lean in. Oddly enough, I started to lean in as well. Liam grabbed the side of my face and brought his lips to mine. A spark was felt when our lips touched. It only lasted for a few seconds, but he pulled away smiling. "Does that answer your question?"

"Fully." I grabbed the collar of his jersey and brought his lips back to mine.

"I've liked you ever since I laid eyes on you that first day outside of the locker room." He smiled at me and played with my fingers.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I was so nervous."

"Why? I'm not special... I'm just me." I looked down.

"And that's what makes you special." Liam kissed me again. "You were so beautiful. I knew from that day on, I needed to get to know you. And I'm nervous just asking..."

I already knew his question and my heart leaped. "Yes."

"Yes? As in you'll be my girlfriend?"

I bit my lip and smiled again. Liam kissed me. When he pulled away, I yawned.

"Tired?" He asked me.

"Very." My eyes drooped.

"Here." Liam walked over to his dresser and tossed me a pair of basketball shorts and a shirt. "You shouldn't drive home this late. Especially when you're this tired." He started to walk over to the bed and I held my hand up.

"You need to take a shower first before you lay down... you smell like gasoline." I scrunched my nose up.

He chuckled and nodded. I changed into Liam's clothes and folded mine, putting them in the computer chair. Taking less than 10 minutes, he came out wearing basketball shorts and walked over to grab a shirt. His hair dripping wet. "Your turn." He smiled at me.

I nodded at him and then walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth. With my finger, of course. When I came out of the bathroom, he was setting up blankets on the floor.

"You take the bed. I'll take the floor." He smiled at me and pulled his covers back.

"No. It's your house. You get the bed." I shook my head.

"You're my girlfriend and you get the bed." My stomach flipped when he said girlfriend. "Don't fight me on this. Get in the bed, please." He smirked.

"Fine, bossy." I sassed and laid down in his nice warm bed.

"Goodnight." He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Night." I yawned. He turned off the light and I fell asleep almost immediately. It was so sweet that he didn't want to make me uncomfortable for my first night over.