Car crash (JK/Cont.)

Jungkook offered the chair to your mom and sat down on the armchair that was in the corner, he zoned out thinking about what he could have done to upset her. You scowled at your mom when she sat down - why are you like this? He was nothing but polite - you whispered exasperated. I thought you said he was out of town, as usual - she said glancing back judgingly at his wide eyes staring at nowhere.

He was, but he came to make sure I was okay - you smiled softly at the thought that he had come all the way back just to check on you. Is he staying with you? - she asked not paying attention to your expression. He can't, but he will be here until tomorrow evening, I wanted to tell you that - you were saying as your mom cut you off - I thought so - she scoffed. Jungkook was looking at you conflicted now, he had heard your mom.

He stood up and bowed, excusing himself from the room to leave your mom and you to talk alone. See what you did? - he heard you say to your mom in an angry tone. He closed the door and headed to the waiting room, wondering if Namjoon was there still, it had been hours. Sure enough, he was sitting there, asleep. He shook his shoulder softly to wake him up and sat next to him.

Jungkookie, hey man, how is she? - he said rubbing his eyes and sitting back up on the chair. She's sore and has a few broken bones, but no internal damage - he said smiling relieved. She should be discharged shortly, could we take her to her apartment? - he asked. Of course, I'll help you two and then I can pick you up from there to go to the airport tomorrow, no problem - Namjoon smiled reassuringly. He nodded and stared at the floor.

Is there anything else? - the eldest asked concerned. Her mom is here, she doesn't seem to like me, hyung - Jungkook said in a soft voice. What is there not to love? - he scoffed trying to lighten the mood and Kook laughed softly. Give her time, we've raised you well - he joked and wrapped his arm around him, squeezing his shoulder. The youngest gave him a forced smile.

When they saw some people going into your room, they walked back, assuming you were going to be discharged. You were now on your own and the doctor was giving you some instructions to clean your wounds and prescriptions for medications to keep the pain to the minimum. He turned around and excused himself to leave the room when he was done. All ready to go? It's good to see you in a good mood - Namjoon said as he waved at you.

You looked at him surprised he was here too and waved back, but you were glad your boyfriend hadn't been alone on his way to you, thinking of how stressed he was when you woke up. You slowly sat up on the bed and lowered your legs to the floor as Jungkook supported you by holding onto your waist to keep you from putting all your weight on your legs. You wrapped your free arm around his back and held onto his shoulder. You moved with little jumps so your foot wouldn't touch the floor, your boyfriend walking slowly to help you out.

Namjoon grabbed your things and walked right behind you, a nurse had brought a wheelchair for you, so you sat down carefully and Jungkook pushed you around a little too roughly at first. Zigzagging to the elevator, making you laugh. His hyung was about to scold him when he stopped by the opening doors and he saw you two smiling.

The car took all three of you to your apartment and waited out for Namjoon, who helped with your belongings, bought the medication and waved goodbye once you were all settled. Call me if you need anything  - he said as he closed the door behind him and left the apartment.

You were laying on your bed propped up with several pillows, Jungkook had unwrapped the bandage around your ribcage carefully and was helping you clean the deeper scratches on your torso. He was focusing hard on what he was doing - I'm sorry - you said and he looked up with an amused smile - what for? There's nothing to be sorry about - he said as he patted the cotton ball underneath your collarbone. About my mom, she doesn't understand - you said shyly.

You had never really mentioned your mom to him - she doesn't like that I'm dating an idol, she thinks you're an absent boyfriend that won't ever have time for me - you continued in a soft voice. He frowned without looking up from your skin, but didn't say anything. He put the first aid kit aside and pulled out a new bandage, you put your arms up slightly and he wrapped it around you carefully, checking with you that it was not too loose or too tight.

When he was done, he got up from the bed and got one of his t-shirts that he kept at your place and helped you put it on so that you'd be more comfortable to move around. He kissed your forehead lovingly and tucked you in, walking to the other side of the bed to sit next to you.

Maybe I am - he finally said. You are what? - you turned your head to him confused. I have to leave you again tomorrow, I can't be here for you - he said feeling guilty. Oh no, don't listen to her, Kookie - you told him and took his hand - she's wrong, you do everything for me. You just took a 14 hr. flight to see me, for God's sake! - you said irritated at your mom's views and then your eyes softened when you met his worried doe eyes.

I'll win her over, eventually - Jungkook said with a resolute tone and a side smile, even if he didn't even know how. You chuckled and squeezed his hand. Are you hungry? You should eat something to take your meds - he said as he got up and walked around the bed to go to the kitchen. He came back a little later with two plates of homemade stew, two glasses of water and your medication. He placed the bed tray table on your lap and took his bowl and glass, sitting down on the floor next to you.

He downed his food before you could eat half of your bowl, you could tell he hadn't eaten anything since he had landed, he must have rushed to the hospital. Thank you, jagi - you said looking down at him and he gave you the biggest toothy smile. You giggled and puckered your lips so he'd get closer to you to kiss him. He laughed airly and obliged, pecking you, you poked his scrunched nose and kissed it too.

Once he had washed the dishes and put everything away, he came back from the living room with the sofa's cushions and a blanket. He threw them by your bedside. What are you doing? - you asked puzzled. I'm going to sleep on the floor, you need to be comfortable - he said without giving you a chance to say no to him. The bed is big enough, come lay by my side - you said cutely trying to tempt him. He didn't look up on purpose as he set everything up.

He took his pants off and covered himself with the blanket, finally looking up at you. You were peeking down at him, he laughed softly. I'm going to kick you in my sleep - he said biting his lower lip not to laugh. He closed his eyes and you looked at him for a while, not believing he was next to you when he was meant to be away for months. He really had come all the way back just to make sure you were safe, he didn't even wait to hear exactly what had happened. He just needed to see you himself and make sure you were okay.

 He just needed to see you himself and make sure you were okay

-

Thank you for 500 reads! When I started writing I didn't imagine I would have as many views, let alone in just a couple months, wow. I decided to publish part 2 right away as a treat for you guys. Also, my first story, Abstinence, reached 100 views alone so 1/5 of those viewers checked it out, eeh. Thank you, thank you, thank you ❤️