Part 18 "Doesn't have to be miserable always"

Start from the beginning

"New York" Liam confidently answers instead of Louis.

"We can't go immediately" Ashton reminds you, beating usually the one to do things like that.

"What can we do untill then?" Sierra asks, really thinking out loud for everybody. There's a moment of silence before Niall speaks up, but you weren't sure about what he was on about.

"Did they destroy anything? In the basement?" his eyes were on Crystal, flickering a little bit in hope of her saying no.

"Except the door, I'm not too sure" she shrugs, just cuddling closer to Mike.

"Right, we have enough money for a hotel. Not a five star one, but it'll do. Also, once we get settled some of us have to go to the house for investigation" he explains, searching for Calum's gaze for an approvement.

"Alright, let's get to their cars. Mali you'll check Crystal after we're in the hotel. And about Harry we'll make sure we say goodbye to him properly but not now" Calum addresses, even if some of your friends wanted to be against that last idea they wouldn't say it, you had a goal for now and knowing somebody might follow you and knows who you are is terrifying, but you have to keep going. Everyone gets up, sharing glances so you decide to hug again and separate, but only for a little bit while going to the cars. You waited for a message from Niall to give you the location of the hotel and went there quickly after.

***

"Yes thank you very much" you overheard Niall talking to the receptionist politely. This hotel looked very similar to your homes back in your world. Made out of wood and stone mostly, it had a vintage style with old lanterns and magnificent paintings. The main room, where the reception was, had two sofas at the opposite sides of the entrance. A door that led into a hallway that the rooms were in and then an elevator on the separate side which the stairs were next to. It was cozy with a fireplace on the right side of the room with giant windows on the left side and plants all around. You just liked to observe places that reminded you of home and there weren't many. Niall got two rooms with five beds in one and six in other. They weren't pretty nor big, but enough untill you go to New York. You climbed up the stairs, going straight to the girls' room while the guys went to theirs. The beds were close to eachother and only the first and last had a nightstand next to them, lamps on the wall could easily fall off if you hit them a little harder than needed. The bathroom wasn't anything spectacular either, one shower, a small sink and a toilet with a single cupboard above it. You left your things on one bed so you were between Mali and Crys, Sarah and Sierra across from you. After everyone kinda tidied their things you all gathered on Crystal's bed while Mali checked up on her since the guys came and Calum said that that's the first thing that should be done.

"You seem fine, no scratches or headaches. Those have healed up" Mali acknowledges, her hands going from Crystal's pulse on her neck to her forehead, then Mali checked her eyes, ears. She turned her hands around, searching for any kind of wounds, but Crystal healed by herself. She went to her legs for her cut, but it was also healing pretty fast. Michael was pacing around the room, nervously biting his lip as his eyes never left Mali's hands, Ashton tried to calm him down a little but it wasn't really working.

"So she's okay?" you questioned eagerly, Sierra and you were holding Crystal's hands so she had something to hold onto if she felt any pain.

"So far yes, now the baby..." Mali said, her expression changing from confident to worried.

"You didn't have a miscarriage we know that for sure" Liam let's out, while Michael almost smacks him across the face for even saying that, thankfully Luke catches him beforehand. Mali places her hands softly on Crystal's stomach and gently pushes them enough so she feels things. Crystal didn't seem to mind that much and neither did anyone since you could all trust Mali, but Mikey was still anxious. You watched closely and suddenly Mali's eyes widened.

"What? I saw that Mali I swear to God-" Michael almost yells at her but she cuts him off.

"You're having twins" 'what the fuck?!?' you thought. Crystal first just had her mouth hung open, but then started to cry and for the first time today not from sadness but from joy. Everyone was glancing at eachother, especially between Mali, Crys and Michael, with wide smiles and happy laughter. Speaking of Michael, poor guy was heavily breathing, but he had a smile too, the biggest one.

"I-i, oh my God" he said, his legs shook and he fell backwards just like that.

"He fainted!" you shout from shock. Crystal calmly got on the ground next to him, everyone doing the same too.

"Uh Mali do something, or Crys, maybe mouth to mouth?" Ashton suggested, but Louis shook his head.

"No, no, this is happiness remember. Luke you know what to do" Lou smirked. 'Wait, wait, wait, what's happening and why wasn't I in on this? ' you thought to yourself. The guys looked amongst themselves evilly while the girls shared confused glances,

"Hemmings what are you doing?" Sierra questions with a quirked eyebrow.

"Oh you'll see" he smirks, winking at her. Luke gets up, while Calum starts laughing, same as Liam and Niall.

"What's going on, he fainted you're not just gonna leave him here are you?" Sarah asks with concern, but even she couldn't help herself and chuckled.

"I mean I know he's annoying sometimes, but guys it's Michael for Goodness' sake" you tried to persuade them. Luke came back in the room with a bucket full of water, well now you know where this is going.

"Is it cold?" Crystal asks, the guys nod happily. Well here goes nothing... Everyone gets up, taking a step back, while Luke comes right above Mikey's head.

"Don't worry mate, this is just us making sure the kids have a father that's alive" Luke says and soon dumps the whole damn thing on Michael. He immediately sits up straight, coughing a little bit as his hands rub his eyes and go through his now wet hair.

"You asshole!" he glares at Luke, then looks around rememebering where he was and what was happening.

"Oh right..." he says, taking a deep breath in. Noone could contain their laughter even after a day like this and it was about eleven in the evening too. Once you finally composed yourselves, Michael got up and basically shouted from happiness.

"We're having twins!" and happily hugged Crystal who kept trying to get away from him because he was still wet. Somehow everyone ended up getting involved in the hug, Michael was the one responsible for that and then ended up on the floor. It's been so long since this has happened, you were thankful that this day ended like it did and because it was so late you decided to call it off. Someone will go to the house tomorrow and Niall will get the plain tickets to New York, while the rest of you will try and figure out who wanted to hurt you and why they would do that. But for now, it's goodnight for everyone.