"I'm starving," he rumbles as I stand up. He begins to walk away.

Evangeline spars me a pitying glance as she follows. "I could eat."

I smooth over my healers uniform and my braid, as I watch them go.

Isabelle Pov

"No, tomato please. And actually can you grill the chicken instead of baking it. But don't dry it out. If you do, I'll just have to send it back. Ummm, oh yes. And the fries, can they be lightly salted please. Too much salt and they're no good. Did I say no tomato?"

"Yes," Michelle says, her voice flat and deep with slightly veiled annoyance.

"Good. This lemonade is wonderful, can I get more. Is there an extra charge for a refill? Oh, never mind, just give it to me along with a glass of water, with a lemon on the side. Could you put a lemon on my plate too. I like its flavor with my grilled chicken."

"Sure." Michelle forces out.

The older woman, probably in her forties, with brown cropped hair smiles and hands me the menu. Her children look up from their covered eyes, and offer us apologetic smiles.

"Thank you so much. And make sure there is no tomato."

Michelle turns and walks away mumbling to herself, with me close on her heels. I hold back my amusement at Michelle's never shifting mood and her burning irritation at that lady.

"She wasn't that bad," I say as we reach the kitchen.

Michelle let's out a curse. "No you're right. Wait until you get the pervy men. The jealous wife and the handsy drunk."

"How long have you been working here?"

Michelle sighs and gestures for me to grab the waiting salad plates as she grabs the others. "Almost six years. I started here right after school."

"Only six?" I ask surprised. For some reason I had believed that this place had more history. If I would have been asked, I would have guessed this place would have been here for at least fifteen years, if not more.

Michelle nods and smirks. "Hey, take those plates to table twelve and then go get that lady some more lemonade at table twenty."

I nod and quickly try to conjure up what I've learned so far in the setting of the tables and customer service. I move quickly out of the safety of the kitchen, following Michelle's lead. Not to far out of the kitchen, she glances back as she slows as she passes a table, tilting her head towards the couple of ladies sitting there, before moving on. Table twelve.

The ladies quickly perk to attention as I stop by their table. "Two salads," I greet as I conjure up their order. "One with chicken." The younger lady nods as I place the plate in front of her. I look to the older lady as I place the other plate in front of her. "And one without."

"Thank you," she says.

"Can I get you anything else?" I ask, silently hoping they'll say no.

"Just another glass of water will do, thank you."

Just my luck. "Alright. I'll be right be back."

I scurry back to the kitchens, to go get the drinks. I grab the iced water pitcher, and refill another glass of lemonade, before making my way back out to the dining area. I pour the ladies their water and give away the glass of lemonade without incident, and I breath a sigh of relief as I turn back to the kitchens, to get the next order.

I look over a few tables over and see Kenneth speaking comfortably with the couple sitting there. He isn't dressed like me, but instead wears black pants and a dark maroon shirt, which complements the red undertone of his skin. He looks over at me, and smiles a flash of white.