Chapter 8 - White Lily

Natsu's POV

I stomped outside at the sound of someone trying to challenge me. What stupid pest wants to fight me? Down the street, there was a whole guild of people standing there. The red-haired demon woman, Ice Stripper and Happy followed me out. Blondie joined us outside a minute later. "Looks like we meet again Chaos" the guy standing in front said. He had short white hair and sapphire blue eyes. He was wearing a white high neck tank top, black pants and black leather shoes. He also had a black tribal tattoo covering his whole left arm and his white insignia was on his shoulder in a circle. I had no clue who this guy was. "Natsu do you know this guy?" Lucy asked and I shrugged.

The guy looked shocked and offended. "We fought six months ago!" he shouted. I thought about it for a second. 'Nope still don't know him' I thought and shrugged. "Argh whatever! I'm Zard, guild master of the Bloody Sphinx" he said. "What are you planning to do with the White Lily?" Erza demanded. "Isn't it obvious?" Zard started with a smirk, "we want to take over all of Earthland." "What makes you think you can handle a creation from the Book of Zeref?" Lucy asked. "Shut up Blondie! Don't underestimate my abilities" he said and then two men from his guild ran up to him. "We finally found it Boss" one of them said as he held up a pure white gem in his leather-gloved hands. "Perfect timing" Zard smirked as he put on a leather glove one of his men provided and took the gem in his hand.

"This town will be the first victim to taste our new power. You boys take care of these Fairy Tail wizards while I find the closest water source" he said before jumping onto a miniature cloud and flying off. "He has cloud magic?!" Happy exclaimed. "We can't let him put the White Lily into water. He could poison everything within a hundred-mile radius" Lucy said, sending a glare at the men stopping us. "Someone needs to go after him" Erza said as she re-quipped two swords into her hands. I looked around for a way to pass these pests and to chase down Zard. When I looked up at the rooftops, I had an idea. "Happy" I called out and pointed to the rooftops. He instantly understood, "aye!" he replied and picked me up by my cloak. As soon as my feet touched the rooftop, I ran past the Bloody Sphinx with Happy flying beside me.

"Hey Natsu!" I heard Lucy call me. I stopped and looked over my shoulder at her. "Don't touch the White Lily with your hands, it could poison you. We'll catch up when we're finished beating these idiots" she said smirking at our enemies as she punched her right fist into her left palm, igniting fire around her hands. I swiftly nodded and then continued running after Zard. "This is gonna be fun" I heard her say before the sound of a battle happening.

As I was running through the forest surrounding Rapier, I had lost sight of Zard but luckily, I tracked him with my strong sense of smell. I had found him running towards a river that flows into town. To stop him from reaching the river, Happy flew me past him using his Max Speed magic and dropped me in front of Zard.

"You won't beat me this time. I have been-" I rolled my eyes and then punched him in the gut. Why do bad guys talk so much? He flew back into a tree and put a hand over his stomach, coughing. 'Weakling' I thought as I walked towards him. "Gr, Sound Slicer!" he chanted while slicing his hand horizontally like he was cutting the air. I quickly jumped out of the way and then the tree behind me cut in half like a knife had sliced it. "He has invisible attacks?!" Happy exclaimed. "That's right, you should really listen when somebody is talking Chaos. After our last fight I learnt Sound magic from my Master" Zard said. "Sound Screech!" he chanted and then a high-pitched scream came from his mouth. My ears instantly felt pain and I immediately covered my ears but the damage had been done. When the screeching stopped, all I heard was a ringing.

He said something but all I saw was his lips moving with no sound. I shook my head trying to regain my hearing but it wasn't working. Happy flew in front of my face and said something but I couldn't hear him. I tried reading his lips, 'Natsu...are...you...all mighty? That can't be it' I thought. Zard thrust his hand forward with his palm facing me and I quickly pushed Happy to the side before an invisible force knocked me back. Before I fell onto the ground, I did a back-hand spring flip and then landed in a crouch. Instantly, I leapt at him while my magic surrounded my fist like a flame. "Chaos Dragon Iron Fist!" I chanted and punched his face.

He fell to the ground and skidded to stop. I watched his body language to prepare myself for his next attack. He thrust his hand forward again and I immediately jumped out of the way. He snarled and thrust his hand again over and over. I kept jumping and flipping to dodge his attacks. He became frustrated and began shouting something. ".........-Time to end this" I started to regain my hearing. As he threw both arms to the side, clouds exploded from his palms and blinded me like a fog.

A few seconds later the cloud dispersed and Zard was standing beside the river holding the White Lily in his leather-gloved hand over the water. He smirked at me before he dropped the white gem. I ran towards the river to try and stop the White Lily from touching the water but then suddenly a hand made out of flames shot past me. It grabbed the White Lily before it touched the water and pulled it back. I turned to see who the flame hand belonged to and saw it connected to Blondie's right hand. "Made it just in time" she said with a smirk and threw the white gem up a bit before catching it again. "You haven't seen the last of me. One day we will crush both you and your puny guild" Zard growled with a glare towards me before his body turned into a cloud and disappeared.

"Tsk" I said since he got away. "Don't worry I doubt he can be that hard for the Magic Counsel to catch since we've captured his guild" Lucy said. "How are you doing that Lucy?" Happy asked while staring at Lucy's flame hand in amazement. "Oh this? It's a spell called Flames of Emotion. I can manipulate my flames to take on any form I want and even not burn things if I really concentrate" she replied. 'So that's how she made it' I thought. "Anyway, lets head back. The others are waiting for us and we need to give the White Lily to the Magic Counsel" Lucy said before heading back towards the town.