Chapter 96 - Everyone, Meet...

Natsu's POV

"AH!" Lucy screamed in pain while lying on an infirmary bed in labour. She was wearing a light blue hospital gown with a white blanket over her legs. Fairy Tail's healers Porlyusica and Wendy were at the end of the bed helping Lucy through the birth. Personally, I don't like or trust the cranky old forest lady but she is Fairy Tail's experienced healer. I stood beside Lucy, holding her hand for support. My face stayed neutral as she was crushing my hand painfully. I didn't think she would have this strong of a grip.

Lucy let out another scream which hurt my ears both physically and emotionally. I hate seeing and hearing her in pain but we know it'll all be worth it in the end. "You're doing great Lucy" Wendy encouraged. "One more push" Polyuscia said. Lucy took some deep breaths before letting out one final scream and squeeze on my hand.

When Lucy's scream ceased, a loud baby cry filled the room. Lucy collapsed back onto the bed tiredly with a smile on her face. "Congratulations, it's a girl!" Wendy cheered excitedly and Porlyusica revealed a baby girl from underneath the blanket. Happiness spread throughout my body as I first laid eyes on my daughter. She had a pink tuft of hair, my hair colour.

Porluscia quickly dried our daughter and wrapped her in a pink towel before handing her to Lucy. Lucy looked down lovingly at our daughter as she cradled her. I loved this sight of my mate/love of my life holding our daughter. This was a moment I was going to remember forever. I leant down and kissed Lucy's head. "Good job. She's beautiful, like her mother" I said and she looked up at me with a bright smile. "And she has your pink hair" she replied happily.

"Do you want to hold her?" she asked and I felt slightly panicked. I really wanted to hold our daughter but for the first time in my life, I was nervous. I didn't know how to hold a baby. Our daughter looked so fragile, and I didn't want to accidentally hurt or drop her. "Come on. Cross your arms like I'm doing right now" Lucy encouraged and I followed her instructions. Once I crossed my arms, she gently put our daughter in my arms and adjusted her to lie comfortably. "See you're a natural" she said with a smile when she pulled her hands away. My heart raced with excitement. I was holding my daughter! 'I promise to love and protect you' I promised as I looked down at her face.

Suddenly when Porlyusica was trying to leave the room, a group of our guild collapsed on top of each other onto the ground. I growled at the sudden intrusion while holding our daughter protectively and gently to my chest. The group consisted of Happy, Celestia, Levy, Gajeel, Gray, Juvia, Erza, Mira, and Lisanna. "Lucy! Gajeel said he heard a baby crying?" Levy asked and then gasped when she saw our daughter in my arms. "Oh my Mavis!" she cheered quietly as the group stood up. Levy gave birth a few days ago to boy and girl twins. The boy's named Gale and the girl's name is Emma.

The girls rushed over and I quickly growled at them to stay back. Lucy giggled, "down Natsu, they're just excited to meet her" she said and held her hands up signalling she wanted to hold our daughter. I gently handed her our daughter and then she looked up at our friends. "Everyone, meet Nashi Dragneel" Lucy announced. The girls tried to contain their excitement squeals. "Awe!" Happy and Celestia cooed. "Such a cute name, and she has Natsu's hair!" Mira squealed. "She's a cute mix of the two of you" Lisanna commented. "I agree" Erza added. Suddenly the Dragon Slayers heard two babies crying in the main guild hall. "Gale and Emma" Gajeel said before rushing out of the room. "Did Jet and Droy make them cry again?" Levy muttered before following after him. I wouldn't trust those two to babysit my child.

Nashi sneezed a small fireball which caught everyone's attention. "I guess she'll become a Fire Dragon Slayer like me when she's older" Lucy said proudly. "Lucy!" Levy shouted as she ran back into the room. "There's a man here for you. He says he won't leave without seeing you and your child" she said. I noticed a familiar scent in the air and I'm sure Lucy knew who it was too.

"Let him in and do you guys mind giving us some space?" Lucy said and all the girls except Erza nodded. "Wait a minute Lucy. Do you know the man she is referring to?" Erza asked. I stayed quiet, letting Lucy decide whether she wanted to tell them or not. "Yes I do" she replied and then looked down at Nashi. "Time to meet your Uncle Ignia" she said with a baby voice. "Uncle?!" everyone in the room exclaimed. "Woah, wait a minute, do you have a brother Lucy?" Gray asked. "Yes, except not by blood he's my dragon brother, the true blooded offspring of Igneel" Lucy explained. "Damn right I am" a new voice sounded into the room and we turned to see Ignia standing at the door.

I growled at his presence, wondering if he was here on good or bad terms regarding our child. He has helped us in the past, but it has been for his selfish gains of wanting to see which child of Igneel is better someday, so I have no idea where he stands. "Everyone except Natsu, please leave the room. We need to have a family talk" Lucy said. Everyone respected her wishes and left the room. I kept my guard up and kept my eye on Ignia as he walked over to Lucy's bed. "Why did you come Ignia? As you can see, I'm not fit to fight you right now" she asked. "I know. I came to see my niece" he replied before he took a closer look at Nashi. I growled and firmly placed a hand on his chest to prevent him from going any closer to my girls.

Ignia gave me a side eye and then smirked as he stepped back. "I feel strong fire magic in her. I approve, and I'm sure our father Igneel would too" he said before walking towards the door. He stopped at the door and turned towards us. "Before I go, I must say your magic has increased Sis so expect a visit from me soon" he added before leaving. Lucy let out a small sigh. "Looking forward to it" she mumbled with a small smile before looking down at Nashi again. "He's right about one thing" she said and then turned to look up at me with some tears in her eyes. 'Why is she crying!' I growled in my head wondering if I needed to chase down Ignia and beat him up. "Igneel would have loved her" she finished before crying. I relaxed and gave her a side hug as I sat on the side of her bed. I leaned my head on her head, hoping to comfort her, and I rested a hand on Nashi. My heart was warm and happy with the family I held in my arms.