Chapter 24

My shock slowly wore off and I sent him a death glare instead. As I took him in, my anger boiled over. He really had the nerve to stand there with that stupid smirk on his face. To make matters worse, his eyes boldly roamed over my appearance. I clutched the towel to my chest, my eyes narrowed into slits. He didn't even care that I watched him stare at me like I was his next meal or something. I felt so exposed under his intense gaze. I wanted to change into my pajamas, anything really to cover myself, but I had to pass by him to get to the closet. I wanted to stay far from him as possible.

"What the fuck are you doing here? I'm not going to ask you again." I spat, my tone hardened. How did he get in here anyways? Clearly, my bodyguard isn't doing his job right if Caine slipped in here undetected. I discreetly glanced around my room. Where is my phone? Of course my phone is right on the night stand next to him. I guess calling the police is out of the question. I don't think they would've helped anyways.

Ugh, Why would I want him here? Did he not remember what he did to me over these past three years? I never want to see him again. Honestly, if he pisses me off any further I'm going to smack the shit out of him or kick him where the sun don't shine. I have nothing holding me back from indulging in the bitter resentment I have towards him.

His eyes finally met mine again, amusement and lust swirled in his irises. "Have I ever told you how sexy you are when you're angry?" He mused, his lips faintly curved upwards. He was deliberately trying to make me mad. He must feel powerful knowing that I'm angry? Is that what he wanted? I wanted to calm down, but I couldn't control my fury.

"Caine.." I warned, his name tasted like acid on my tongue. If he keeps testing me, he will not like the results.

He rolled his eyes, obviously not phased by me at all. He plopped back on my bed, getting comfortable. He even removed his leather jacket, leaving him in only a dark blue tee with jeans. "Calm your tits, Bryce. Your anger amuses me and makes me want to fuck you at the same time-" Yes, make me more disgusted by you than I already am."-However, that's not why I'm here." He finished, his tone void any of the playfulness from earlier.

My shoulders slumped in defeat, "Damn it, I should've known it wasn't going to be that easy to get rid of you." I huffed under my breath, low enough that he couldn't hear it. This was only motivating me to start looking for a job. The faster I can get money, the faster I can get the hell out of here. Who knows how many times he'll slide in my room whenever he wants?

A cool breeze drifted through the air and I shivered slightly. I tilted my head up, there was a vent positioned on the ceiling blowing straight in my direction. It was starting to get chilly in my room. I really didn't want to keep standing in only a towel especially with that animal sitting on the bed.

"Well, whatever you're going to say will have to wait. I'm still not dressed over here. I need to change real quick." I sighed, annoyed with his presence. Why can't he just leave me alone permanently?

He nodded. His expression was completely blank as usual. He pulled out his phone and began tapping away. I took a deep breath and swallowed down my nervousness. Why couldn't he sit in the chair? Why he did have to sit on my bed? "Can you sit in the chair or something?" I asked, hesitantly.

Caine dropped his phone in his lap. He slowly turned his head in my direction. His eyebrows were knitted together in confusion as he observed me, silently.

A tense silence followed.

Suddenly, it dawned on him and he let out snicker. "Bryce, I'll keep my hands to myself." He reassured me. I stood, rooted in my spot. I didn't believe anything he was saying. He has showed me why it was necessary for me to keep my distance.