Chapter 5

My heart thumped wildly at our close proximity. His face was inches from mine. Nothing good ever comes out of being so close to Caine. I couldn't force myself to say anything or move. All I could do was expect the worst. His icy blue eyes gazed into mine for a moment before he spoke. "Don't start this bullshit Bryce. All I want to do is shower." I could hear the underlying anger in his voice. He only wants shower? At the same time as me? He basically asking me to start some shit.

I narrowed my eyes at him, my own anger bubbled at the surface. "You can shower, but not in here with me."

He tilted his head at me, his eyes flashed with annoyance and his hold on me tightened painfully that I flinched from the throbbing sensation in my wrists. "You're in no position to demand anything from me." He reminded me, smugly.

I can never have anything when it comes to him. The only place I find solace in he has to barge his way in and taint it. He wanted everything that belonged to me. The more I stared at him the angrier I became. I couldn't suppress my rage no longer. "Of course! Why did I expect anything less? You take my body, my life, my hope and now my only sense of comfort! Is that not enough for you? I hate you more than I've hated anyone in my life! You're evil, despicable and disgusting. I hope you burn in hell." I hissed and I meant everything I said with every fiber of my being. I hated him so much I prayed he would die a slow and painful death. I knew my outburst would result in a horrible punishment, but I didn't care. He needed to hear this, since everyone seemed to worship the ground he walked on.

Caine observed me with an unreadable expression, his blue eyes were completely emotionless. I'm not sure how much time passed before a smile crept up his lips. He cupped my cheek, his thumb softly ran over my wet skin. His eyes searched my face for something.

He was eerily calm and it was making me anxious. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine in a soft lingering kiss. I stared him in utter confusion. That's not the response I was expecting.

"I heard you loud and clear, Bryce." He whispered against my lips. His voice was light and almost reassuring? Huh? I swallowed the lump in my throat as unease settled in my gut. I tensed up as he released me slowly, his hand softly trailed down the length of my arms.. I eyed him wearily the entire time he showered. I didn't want to be caught off guard if he suddenly lashed out. Caine loved to display his anger and showcase his power over me..why is he not doing that now? Where is his snide remarks? What is he up to? I was puzzled at his behavior. But I didn't question it long as he exited the shower without acknowledging me any further.

I quickly washed myself off and hopped out the shower. I couldn't enjoy my shower after my strange encounter with Caine. I was pondering over what he had planned for me. He's never acted like that before. It was something almost gentle about the way he handled me. He's clearly psychotic. I shook my head at the sudden surge of thoughts in my head and focused on wiping off the droplets off my body. I pulled on my undergarments and wrapped a towel around myself. I slowly cracked the door open and stuck my head out to take a peek around the room. I didn't want to be around Caine half naked. My eyes widened in surprise when I noticed the group of people in the room including a familiar auburn haired girl.

"Aubrey! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed as I clutched the towel to my chest. Aubrey grinned in my direction and walked over to the bathroom. I opened the door enough for her to slid in and slammed it hastily. "Hey! Long time no see girly!" She chirped, her voice raising a few octaves. She stood there a simple outfit of jeans and a T-shirt with..an apron?

"What is going on?" I questioned, curiosity lacing my voice, Since when did Caine invite people over in the same room as me at his own home? Aubrey's eyes lit up in delight. "Caine wanted us to get you ready for tonight!" She clapped her hands excitedly. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Huh? "What is tonight? I'm confused."