Chapter 6

My heart dropped. I shook my head vigorously as I inched away from Caine. He must be on drugs if he thinks I'm going to do this! Absolutely not. He might as well pull the trigger... I'd rather die. Maybe it's time to let him end this all. I'm tired of his sick games.

Caine narrowed his eyes into slits and stalked towards me. His hands slid into my hair roughly. Pain shot through my scalp and I couldn't hold back my whimpers. I stumbled in my heels as I breathed heavily through my nose. His mouth was right next to my ear when he murmured. "Tick tock Bryce. I would love to end his pathetic life right now." He ran the cool metal of the barrel of the gun against the side of my neck, leaving a burning trail of fear behind.

Tears crystallized in my eyes. I was torn. I didn't want Luke to die, but I knew even if I did as he asked. Caine will probably kill him anyways. What he wanted me to do is humiliating..it's repulsing...I can't do it. I can't. God forgive me. "Go to hell, you fucking bastard." I spat through clenched teeth.

Instead of expressing the explosive anger like I expected, Caine gave me a spine chilling smile. His hand released my hair slowly. He went to caress my wet cheek. His touch was so gentle, but his words were the complete opposite. "You will be begging me to kill you by the end of the night, if you don't follow my motherfucking order."

I glared at him through my tears. Hot anger flashed through my veins. Why must he hurt him? He's innocent in all of this. Caine always find more ways to be this evil monster. He must really hate me. He searched for ways to cause me pain. This is on another level. I can't with him. I saw red. I did something that certainly signed my death certificate. I spat at him. I watched my saliva land on his chin, then drip onto the floor. It was disgusting I know..but he deserved it.

Instantly, his expression did a complete 180. He went from blankly gazing at me to being completely enraged. I didn't have time to brace myself before I was backhanded across the room. The pain exploded in my cheek. Tears immediately blurred my vision as I crashed into the pavement under me. My aching back took most of the impact. I couldn't even get up and make a run for it because Caine appeared right in front of me. He snatched me up from the ground by my neck.

The room began to spin as I cried out from the unbearable pressure on my throat. "You. Stupid. Fucking. Bitch." He growled out, his voice full of uncontrollable fury.

I was shaking internally in fear. I had really done it now. What was I thinking? Why did I let my emotions get the best of me? I mentally questioned myself as the feeling of dread bloomed in my chest.

Caine yanked me behind him by my neck and dragged me out the basement, completely disregarding Luke and the task he asked of me by slamming the door behind him. His hand was so tight around my neck..it was hard to breathe. The way he jerked me through the hallway carelessly didn't make it any better. I knew I made a huge mistake by spitting on him, but I was overcome with such resentment It kind of slipped out. He's absolutely horrid. I had to release my anger for what he's made me do and what he wanted me to do. I really hated him with a hot burning passion.

He stopped in front of his room door and flung it open with so much force, the door rattled the hinges and the knob created a hole in the wall. Once we entered on through, he lifted me up and tossed me on the bed. I winced slightly as my throbbing body hit the plush surface. The heels slipped off my feet and hit the floor with a slight thud.