Ch.11 Five cardinal heroes

~Y/n pov~

Ren's party had teamed up with ours again, Itsuki and Ren for along quite well.

I didn't really talk much to Ren but we had a good relationship, he wasn't much of a talker anyways.

We heard legend of this item being kept in the dungeon so here we were.

There were no monsters or anything really in the dungeon something seemed off.

~*~

It was all a trap and we almost died, we survived all thanks to our magic users.

Our parties told us to go, they would deal with it, we had something else to do.

~*~

Itsuki's arrow struck the priests yellow shield, catching him off guard.

Me, Ren and Itsuki looked down the crater at Naofumi and Motoyasu's parties .

"Looks like we arrived just in time." Itsuki smirked .

Everyone looked surprised to see us.

We slid down the crater, to greet them.

"You came back from the dead?" Motoyasu asked genuinely confused .

I scoffed , "Nice to see nothing's changed, still dumb as ever."

"Don't go killing us off just yet." Ren retorted , he stabbed his sword into the ground, summoning small blue swords that flew towards their target.

Of course it only hit the shield.

"Dedicate half of our mages to keep the barrier active to hold off their attacks." The priest ordered.

It made me sick, taking humans naivety and need to believe in a God and fooling them.

They probably believed they were doing the right thing but most of them were probably going to die here .

"Are you sure that's wise? That will decrease the mana going into the weapon." The man behind his pointed out.

The priest ignored him, "Do it. Our enemies need time, time to recognise their sins."

It may be true some of us did bad things but they've been fixed and he's doing something much worse , killing all those believers .

How ignorant .

Itsuki took aim and shot a barrage of arrows , only for them to be blocked by many shields.

"That force field is annoying."  Itsuki complained.

"Wait how are you guys even here? I thought you were dead." Motoyasu exclaimed.

"Well clearly we didn't die so that's how we are here." I frowned , "Keep up you blonde man whore!"

"Such harsh words!" Motoyasu smirked, "Stop acting so Tsundere , you want this." He winked .

I fake gagged as Itsuki protectively wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, placing his head on mine.

He glared at the blonde, pouting childishly, "She's mine."