Ch.8 Goblin Caves

~Y/n pov~

We heard rumours of girls going missing and things being set in fire at night in a nearby village, so we decided to travel there to check it out .

~*~

We were searching around for some clues.

"Who or what do you think did this?" I asked Itsuki.

He pondered for a moment , "Hmm , it was probably a humanoid race that isn't as smart as us."

Near the outskirts , there was a gap in the fence but it was only small enough for a child to fit through .

There were also footprints scattering around , presumably they scouted out the area before attacking.

The footprints were quite small so we could confirm they were some small creature as it was obvious they didn't wear shoes because of the toe marks.

"Hey you were right." I stated, getting a hum in response.

We then decided to ask some locals if they heard or saw anything but nobody got a real glimpse , though some things were set on fire , it luckily didn't kill anyone or spread too far.

Approaching the village leader , I asked , "What kind of landmarks are nearby?"

"There is a small trail that leads into the woods and there is also mountains with caves , I'm not sure what direction they came from though." He gave an apologetic look.

I smiled , "No need to give me that look, the information was actually very helpful. Thanks!"

After a little while, our party rejoined so we could discuss all the clues and information we had gathered about the situation at hand.

~*~

"We could either explore into the woods or try searching for something in the caves." Itsuki suggested.

"Well we need to guess what creatures it could possibly be to find out where they will most likely be hiding . This is also a race against time though because we have no idea what is happening to the kidnapped girls but it can't be good." I added.

"Judging by the size of the footprints and shape," Morino speculated , "The creature could be an imp, goblin or gnome."

"Assuming that's correct ." Aki continued , "I think they are most likely hiding out in a cave because lots of people travel through the forest and there aren't many good places to hide out so they'd probably have been spotted and killed already."

Nakei , who had his arms crossed over his muscular chest , nodded in agreement, "Right, so we should probably set out tomorrow at dawn, it's too late now."

"I agree , I know we should try to save them as soon as possible but it would be unwise to face goblins in the dark." I stated.

Itsuki sighed, "Yeah the goblins would have the advantage being able to properly navigate around the cave and being good at seeing in the dark, we would be at a total disadvantage and we would be tired too, we need to rest up so we have the energy to fight them."

Laughing slightly I said, "When did you get so smart?"

He mocked my laugh before responding, "I just so happen to be good at fantasy games ."

We both smiled at our silliness before our party seperated and went to their rooms.

A long day was ahead of us, we'd need our rest.

~*~

I laid in bed , waiting for Itsuki to get in bed aswell.

The bed dipped signalling he had sat on it, he shuffled and slid under the covers with me.