Ch.1 Four cardinal heroes plus one

~Y/n pov~

It was an ordinary day, or so I thought at the time. I was coming out of the local grocery store , when I noticed this kid with light brown , curly hair and golden eyes.

I think we went to the same school , but he was in the year above me. He was crossing the road, when I noticed a truck coming around the corner at an alarming speed.

Without thinking about it, I dropped my bags and began running , I don't know what came over me, it was like my legs had a mind of their own.

I pushed through the crowds on the streets, finally making it to the road, "Move out the way."

The boy turned round and looked at me with wide eyes, he was wearing headphones so no wonder he didn't hear the truck, then he turned and noticed the truck coming with wide eyes.

Realising he wouldn't be able to get out of the way in time, I jumped towards him, trying to push him away.

I'm not sure what made me do such a reckless thing , but there was no escape.

I closed my eyes as the truck hit us both, if only I'd have been able to push him out the way, instead I killed us both.

Red flashed across my vision , before the world started to glow around me in a golden hue, that was the last thing I saw when the world went black.

In the distance , I could hear sirens and the shouting of paramedics before the world I knew faded away.

~*~

I awoke in a strange room, I was sat on the floor in some sort of circle, maybe used for some sort of ritual.

Rubbing my head, I sat up and realised I was not alone, that boy I had tried to save was here and there were three others.

My hand felt heavy, I looked to see a staff with an orange gem in the middle .

I noticed everyone else had some sort of weapon, there was a bow , sword , spear and shield .

The boy who I had saved noticed I was awake, "Hey you're that girl that tried to save me."

I sighed , "Yeah well that kinda failed."

He smiled and offered me a hand, which I gladly took.

"We've summoned the four heroes ."

"Wait but there's an extra one."

I noticed people stood around us.

Summoned? I guess that means they performed a ritual because that would explain that weird golden light I saw before I fainted and the weird circle we were all stood in.

"Please oh brave heroes, our world is in dire need of saving." The priest begged us.

The boy stretched his bow string before loosening it, "What do you mean this world is in need of saving ?"

"The story behind it all is long and complicated , but you are the four cardinal heroes , for some reason there are five of you, nevermind that though, you were summoned here using an ancient ritual . Our world is in a most fragile state and on the brink of destruction. So please save us." The priest clasped his hands together and bowed.

"I guess I could at least hear you guys out." The blonde  haired one said.

"Forget it." The black hair guy said.

"I also refuse ." The boy beside me stated .

"You can send us back to our home world right ? Do that." The blonde complained .