...

"So tell me about your sister and her mate." Jiwoo said as she walked alongside Jeno, hands in her pockets.

She had brought the two of them to the border of the werewolf village, and now the two were making their way to Jinsol's house through the snow covered ground. Since Chanwoo arrived, Jinsol and him moved out of Jeno's family house to live on their own.

"My sister's pretty normal. Her mate on the otherhand is a completely nut job." Jeno told her. Jiwoo couldn't help but chuckle at his words.

"Sounds fun." Jiwoo said, a bright smile on her face. Jeno gave her a look.

"Yeah, wait till you meet him." Jeno mumbled just as they arrived. Jeno lifted his hand to knock on the door but a shirtless Chanwoo opened up the door instead. Jiwoo quickly looked away.

"Oh, you're not alone." Chanwoo said, eyeing Jiwoo.

"Nope, I'm not." Jeno said, pushing the door open and walking in.

"Jeno's here!" Chanwoo turned his head, yelling.

Jeno turned around, noticing that Jiwoo was still looking away. He took her hand, pulling the faerie in. "Get used to it." Jeno mumbled to her as Jinsol came downstairs, wearing a black leather jacket, leggings and black boots. She immediately greeted Jiwoo and her brother.

"At least one of us is ready for the hunt." Jeno said, glancing at Chanwoo. Chanwoo simply shrugged before going upstairs. Once he was out of earshot, Jinsol glared at her younger brother.

"Why are you so rude today?" Jinsol asked him, eyes narrowed. Jeno rolled his eyes.

"He's leading the hunt today and he's not even ready." Jeno pointed out.

"Oh please, like you'll do a better job." Jinsol said, crossing her arms.

"I would and you know it." Jeno said, gritting his teeth.

"You're just jealous because Chanwoo is going to be the next Alpha, not you!" Jinsol yelled. Jiwoo watched as Jeno froze in his spot. His eyes suddenly turned gold.

The next moment happened so fast, Jiwoo could barely tell what was happening. Jeno had turned into his wolf form, about to pounce onto his sister, but instead, another wolf, with a black coat and much bigger and stronger than Jeno, intercepted him, pushing him through the front door.

Jiwoo and Jinsol immediately ran outside to see the two boys back in their human forms. Chanwoo had Jeno pinned down, gnarling his teeth. He let out a big huff and got off Jeno. He offered his arm to help him up, but Jeno ignored it, getting up by himself instead.

"Are you okay?" Jinsol asked, running to Chanwoo's side. Instead, Chanwoo eyed the now broken front too.

"Dammit, now I have to fix the door." Chanwoo mumbled. Jiwoo slowly walked to Jeno's side and Jinsol and Chanwoo went to go fix the front door.

"Good job." Jiwoo said to him, arms crossed. Jeno glared at her as he wiped the snow from his pants.

"Leave if you want." Jeno told her but Jiwoo shook her head, helping him with the snow on his back instead.

"I would fail my mission if I left." Jiwoo told him. She grabbed onto his jacket, pulling onto it. Jeno met her eyes for a brief moment before taking his jacket off, letting her shake the snow off.

"So that's the only thing stopping you?" Jeno asked as he watched her deal with his jacket.

"No Jeno, it's not." Jiwoo answered, passing his jacket back.

"Then what is it?" Jeno asked her, putting his jacket back on.

Before Jiwoo could answer, Jinsol and Chanwoo had finished reattaching the door and were calling both of them.

"Jeno, Jiwoo, we need to get to Town Hall before father kills us!" Jinsol yelled. Jiwoo watched as the three of them turned into their wolf forms. Jinsol and Chanwoo began running first but Jeno stayed back, staring at Jiwoo with his golden eyes. Jeno nudged his head so Jiwoo hoped onto his back. He lurched forward, surprising her. She grabbed onto his fur coat tightly, pressing her body against his back. Jeno lurched again, but this time, Jiwoo was in the right position. Jeno began to run, following his sister and her mate.

It was Jiwoo's first time riding a werewolf, and she had to admit, Jeno's fur was much softer than she had expected. She thought Jeno's movements would be harsh and uncomfortable, but instead, he ran smoothly with grace. Eventually, the made it to the village's Town Hall, where a group was waiting for them. Jiwoo recognized some of the werewolves as students from the academy.

Jeno stopped a good distance away, letting Jiwoo get off before turning back to his human form. The two walked the rest of the way to the group.

"You're heavy." Jeno said, rubbing his arms.

"Sorry." Jiwoo mumbled. She looked away, embarassed from his comment. She felt him nudge her ribs, so she turned back to him.

"Kidding." Jeno said, giving her a bright smile. Jiwoo chuckled before smacking him.

"Ow, what was that for?" Jeno exclaimed.

"Your jokes are terrible." Jiwoo responded, sticking her tongue out.

Jeno suddenly began to chase her, making her run towards the group as fast as possible. She stopped as she got there, surprising Jeno. In order to prevent himself from losing balance, he tightly wrapped his arms around her body, stuffing his face into the space between her shoulder and neck, to her surprise.

"Got you." Jeno whispered into her ear. Jiwoo felt her cheeks heat up at the sudden embrace. Luckily, they were interrupted by the Alpha clearing his throat. Jeno immediately let go, greeting his father.

"Father, this is Jiwoo." Jeno said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "She's a faerie, so she's in charge of bringing me here and back to the academy." Jeno explained.

"It's nice to meet you, Jiwoo." The Alpha said, shaking her hand. Jiwoo tried her hardest not to wince at his strong grip.

"Well, it's time to start the hunt." The Alpha said, turning to face Chanwoo who had began howling. The rest of the wolves followed his lead.

"Just follow and watch." Jeno whispered, giving her a wink before following the other wolves as they changed into their wolf forms before running towards the forest.

———————————————————————————

:)