Chapter 11 - Blank Space

Start from the beginning

Yami stood next to the boy, crying himself. He never knew that Yugi loved him this early. 'I wished I never left, Aibou.' Yami thought to himself quietly, clear tears continuing down his face. Everything went black for a short moment before returning to Yugi's old room. Yugi was sitting on his bed.

The doorbell rung, but Yugi stayed where he was sitting. "I've got a marathon with Joey, I can't not be downstairs..." Yugi clutched his chest. 'Aibou! What's wrong!?' Yami could only worry for this memory would only continue.

Yugi started breathing heavily, collapsing to the floor. A muffled voice shouted from the far away front door, then footsteps. Only, Yugi's breaths were becoming more ridged and short. 'Aibou!' Yami fell to the floor next to his love. 'What's happening to you!?' Yami had not seen Yugi like this, at least not around him.

Yami turned to the door to see Joey burst in and check on Yugi. He called the hospital, he didn't know exactly what to do. Yami could only watch the horrifying scene play out before him. Again, everything around Yami went black as he was now somewhere underground.

"I know you'll save me...Yami." Yugi was chained up to the wall, leaning his weak body on the wall. He looked like he was going to pass out any second. Yami knew he could do nothing.

Time seemed to pass quickly as he saw his lover be taken by Ushio to his torture room. Yami watched every part where Ushio whipped Yugi, feeling the same pain he went through. Everything slowed as Yami heard all of Yugi's thoughts. 'Never leave again Yami, ok? I don't think I could bear it. Well, I might not be here for much longer so there isn't much to be worried about. You will always be my love, my Koi. I'll tell you about my disease before I go, just don't forget me alright?' Yugi smiled as his thoughts went dead, just like his body.

Yami was confused at some of the things Yugi spoke in his head. 'What disease? Why would you leave?' Why would I ever leave you again? I want to be with you forever!' The world around Yami once again went black, but this time he didn't recognize what he watched.

Yami and grandpa were sitting on a couch while Yugi was sitting in a chair across from them. There was a sad smile on Yugi's face. "Grandpa already knows this...but I think I'll tell you to Koi." Yugi lowered his head the slightest, eyes covered with golden bangs. He placed a small bottle on a small table. "Yugi, what's this?" Yami took the white container from the table reading it silently.

Shock rang across Yami's face. The spirit form of Yami was standing on a different side, watching what was happening. He didn't have any memory of this event. The 'memory' continued as Yugi spoke of his illness. Yami couldn't hear what Yugi spoke, he replied on the facial expressions of his duplicate and grandpa.

Sadness came over duplicate Yami, but so did anger and shock. Duplicate Yami started shouting at Yugi, who had tears coming down his face. Duplicate Yami had a finger pointed towards the door. This is when Yugi stood up and walked right outside. His tshirt didn't keep the snow off of him as he ran out through the white. Yami was transported behind Yugi as he ran.